SASS Wire Forum

Yesterday was National Liver and Onions Day

Fireworks.gif.44cabd8ac60772c15135915ead45025f.gif

5af45e3cd691e_NationalLiverOnionsDay-May10th.thumb.jpg.801dbee48aa734daa650cb0887cb2f5f.jpg

Especially for you: :P  with :wub:

Whiskey Business

Pat Riot  5af47b811b0a7_GreenCheckMark.JPG.e9ca2737bbdfdc29255cbafc82e0034e.JPG

Sixgun Sheridan

Black Angus McPherson

Eyesa Horg

Pulp

Smuteye John

Sassy Kitty

I marked my calendar so I wouldn't forget. ;)

NOPE! Not according to this website: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/may/

May 10

Now, if you consider it National Liver Day because it's actually Nat'l Lipid Day and Liver is a blood filter then I guess maybe so.

The liver filters out all kinds of bad things which makes the rest of you healthy...YUMMY! He said sarcastically...

11 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

NOPE! Not according to this website: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/may/

May 10

Now, if you consider it National Liver Day because it's actually Nat'l Lipid Day and Liver is a blood filter then I guess maybe so.

The liver filters out all kinds of bad things which makes the rest of you healthy...YUMMY! He said sarcastically...

Pat:

Happens to be one of those "not so popular" National events. But it's coming into it's own.

5af465c30182f_NationalLiverOnionsDayEvent.JPG.33844c90cac87e69437e3727120b7347.JPG

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

We need a "Like" button icon like this: :P

Or better yet, THIS:

image.png.62e178f8f84cccb99b95fe114cece862.png

True. The emogie pool on this site is very limited.

Here's a full meal:

Liver and Onions, carrot soufflé, broccoli, side salad, & roll.

5af46fa99bfdc_LiverandOnionsMeal.JPG.c64342f3b8120d484d26c300f6f3a0b3.JPG

29 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Liver is not gout friendly.

Pass.

+1

Someone else can have mine...

1 hour ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Liver is not gout friendly.

Pass.

It's not Bob friendly either.:wacko:

3 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

The only thing I have to say about liver (ugh) and onions, is :THE ONIONS SMELL GOOD WHILE FRYING."

Badger:

5af49155e8f1d_halfwaythere.JPG.c38a3994e15780bfe9f0324e4a296d17.JPG

45 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

The only thing I have to say about liver (ugh) and onions, is :THE ONIONS SMELL GOOD WHILE FRYING."

Always wondered why anyone would ruin good sautéed onions with liver.

As a kid mom served liver and onions about once a month. Tasted like what I would imagine a big turd would taste like. When dad was stationed Fort Wadsworth, Staton Island my seat at the table was next to the refrigerator. I was 13 at the time. Mom would make the dish, which by the way the dog wouldn’t even eat. When they weren’t looking I tossed the liver behind the refrigerator. Didn’t take long before my rear end was blistered. Mom started making us beans when dad wanted liver. Turned out all five of us kids hated it and so did mom. However scrambled eggs and cows brains were a hit. Go figure

6 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Pat:

Happens to be one of those "not so popular" National events. But it's coming into it's own.

5af465c30182f_NationalLiverOnionsDayEvent.JPG.33844c90cac87e69437e3727120b7347.JPG

Since I happen to LOVE Liver and Onions and May 10th is my birthday, it seems spot on to me!

13 minutes ago, Festus G Lonetree said:

Since I happen to LOVE Liver and Onions and May 10th is my birthday, it seems spot on to me!

I'll take my liver breaded and fried with white sausage gravy.  Keep the onions for my hamburgers.

6 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I'll hold out for the chicken gizzards and hearts. Do they have a day for that?

I like chicken gizzards and livers.  Pass on the hearts.  LOVE liver and onions.

1 hour ago, Festus G Lonetree said:

Happy Birthday Festus! :)

When I was a kid you ate everything put on your plate...or everything you put on your plate. There was no special treatment...Until the day I drew a line and stuck to it.

It was the summer between 4th and 5th grades. My Mom served liver and onions every other week or so. I always knew it was liver and onions night because that was the night Mom "made your plate" for you.

Long story short, I refused to eat it. My Dad said "Boy, you'll sit there until you do eat it and until you do you'll get nothing else.

My Mom woke me up from the table around 11:30 PM and sent me to bed.

The next morning when she served breakfast I got my plate of liver and onions from the night before.

I crossed my arms and sat there.

Around noon I won!

She told me to go feed it to the dog and go play and not to tell my Dad.

I never got served liver and onions again...until I joined the Navy. That went in the trash.

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

When I was a kid you ate everything put on your plate...or everything you put on your plate. There was no special treatment...Until the day I drew a line and stuck to it.

It was the summer between 4th and 5th grades. My Mom served liver and onions every other week or so. I always knew it was liver and onions night because that was the night Mom "made your plate" for you.

Long story short, I refused to eat it. My Dad said "Boy, you'll sit there until you do eat it and until you do you'll get nothing else.

My Mom woke me up from the table around 11:30 PM and sent me to bed.

The next morning when she served breakfast I got my plate of liver and onions from the night before.

I crossed my arms and sat there.

Around noon I won!

She told me to go feed it to the dog and go play and not to tell my Dad.

I never got served liver and onions again...until I joined the Navy. That went in the trash.

LOL..... my daughters have a very similar story to tell.

When I was about 14 I would passout when I stood up quickly. The diagnosis was anemia, without any tests. I got liver for diner three days a week for nearly a year. The rest of the family ate other meals, but I got the liver. I can’t stand liver anymore. 

My wife loves the occasional meal of liver and onion. We eat out and I get something else. I’ve learned to stand being in the same room with fried liver, but no way am I eating that stuff again in this lifetime.

Archived