SASS Wire Forum

ATV’s, UTV’s Etc.

Does anyone know if there is a company that makes an ATV, UTV or side by side that is golf cart sized? Bought an enclosed 6x12 trailer that hauls my golf cart. Considering getting a UTV type vehicle but do not want to replace my new trailer?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

oops wrong forum, mods please move to wire?

Honda and Kawasaki both build side by sides that are similar in size to a golf cart. Look at the Mule 610 or the Honda Pioneer 500.

I have a Kawasaki Mule 610, it'll fit between the wheel wells of a full sized pick up. Very simple machine, not fancy, very easy to enter and exit.

The more I use it the more I like it.

I have a Honda Pioneer 500, which is 50" wide.  I like it much more than the other small UTVs that are available. 

1. It has drive shafts not a CVT belt, which gives it great slow speed control in stead of "lurching". 

2. It has both automatic and manual transmission modes, allowing you to up and downshift as you like.  The transmission is a 5 speed.

3. It is both 2WD and 4WD.  I've only needed the 4WD twice.

4. It is quiet, which is nice when you're at a match.

5. Liquid cooled and fuel injected.  Starts easily even in cold weather.

I have a 50” Polaris Ace that I like. It’s only a single seater, which works for me 90% of the time. The small size had more advantages for me than being able to take a passenger. It was also about half the price of a comparable side by side. 

The problem you may run into. is not the width, but the height. I have a Can Am Commander which plenty narrow enough to fit in my 6X12 enclosed trailer, but be cause of the roll bar system is too tall.

Archived