SASS Wire Forum

So guys, how many have seen this trend?

So that's why the TVs are getting smaller, to make room for us to move around them?

7 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Not me! Same weight for 30 years! 

Slim:

But what does your TV look like? :P:D

It's funny.  I don't have exactly the same shape as I did in my 20s, but I still work out like a beast because of my military commitment.  My workout program is designed for people in their 20s (and OH the recovery time!), but given the average soldier entering the ranks today, I'm smoking the crap out of all of them.  I'm beside myself as to how little physical training these guys can do --  I'm the old guy, and I have a few ailments which have developed over the years.  There is no reason I should be able to outperform them like I do.  I guess they've grown up in front of those TVs instead of outside.

2 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Slim:

But what does your TV look like? :P:D

Slim ,of course! 

In my 20s I had the metabolism of a caffeinated squirrel and had trouble dating because I was often skinnier then the girls I met. But as soon as I hit 40 it was like somebody flipped a switch and shut off my fat-burning furnace. I still hike & bike like before but I just can't get the weight off.

I've noticed a trend in TVs that swings like a pendulum.

When I was a kid I had to wait half a minute to a minute for the (picture tube) TV to warm up before I could watch it.

When my kids were little the (flat screen) TV came on almost instantly.

Now that the kids are grown I have to wait half a minute for the the (wide screen) TV to boot up.

They call that progress, but I think we shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

Archived