SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Assassin

Hell On Wheels 2018

We hit the 240 shooter mark on Friday, and Hell On Wheels is sold out. 

Thanks to all of those that shared kind words about our match. 

Assassin

Match Director HOW 2018

Awesome!!!

YEEHAW is it the end of june yet

Any vendors going to be there?

Swap meet?

Thanks!

We're having a swap meet Friday evening. Vendors are sketchy, I know CheyCast Bullet, Runnin' Iron, Donn's Custom Leather, Big Iron Buster ( I don't know if he's vending), Cloak Drummer. And, Dodge City General Store from Utah. 

Just got a confirmation from Cloak Drummer, Beverly will be vending at Hell On Wheels.

So, we should have two clothing vendors.

On 08/05/2018 at 2:08 AM, Assassin said:

Assassin

Match Director HOW 2018

Us kiwis  can't wait to  get up there and see what you guys  have to offer. 

7 hours ago, Black Barrels said:

Us kiwis  can't wait to  get up there and see what you guys  have to offer. 

Looking forward to shooting with our brothers from down under.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:08 AM, Assassin said:

Assassin

Match Director HOW 2018

Amazing what a date change can achieve?? Going back to the original dates from some 10 years ago, and avoid the clash with the Cortez shoot which the first time in 10 years is full as well.

Both these events are great for the overseas guys from Aus and NZ as it gives them value for money fitting in 3 shoots and getting a round trip car hire instead of one way.

I did this 3 times back in the norty decade and it was super.

Looking forward to catching with you and all our mates from down under.

Plus if you really want some bang for your buck get 25% more shooting by going to Boise, ID the next weekend for the Idaho State.  Put on by Gem Hunter and Belinda Belle would be a fitting end to a month of great shooting.  Or, if your really Skookum come with 12 Mile and shoot. End of Road May 25th-27th in Twin Falls Id., drop down to Ghost Towns at Big Salty  May31- June2 in Salt Lake City. Roundup June 9th-10th in Logan UT( not listed on sass wire),  Revenge June15th- 17th Cortez CO., EOT, HOW, then Renegade in Boise July 5-6.  a few short miles North East and the Montana State July 11th-13th, shoot down south and shoot the Utah State July 19th - 21st.  Now that's an itinerary for some shooting. 

There's also Shootout at Pawnee a Station the following weekend only 50 miles from Cheyenne.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:08 PM, twelve mile REB said:

Plus if you really want some bang for your buck get 25% more shooting by going to Boise, ID the next weekend for the Idaho State.  Put on by Gem Hunter and Belinda Belle would be a fitting end to a month of great shooting.  Or, if your really Skookum come with 12 Mile and shoot. End of Road May 25th-27th in Twin Falls Id., drop down to Ghost Towns at Big Salty  May31- June2 in Salt Lake City. Roundup June 9th-10th in Logan UT( not listed on sass wire),  Revenge June15th- 17th Cortez CO., EOT, HOW, then Renegade in Boise July 5-6.  a few short miles North East and the Montana State July 11th-13th, shoot down south and shoot the Utah State July 19th - 21st.  Now that's an itinerary for some shooting. 

That last itinerary sound like a  whole lot of fun and we might just look at doing something like it next time we come over.

It would be great to get some of you US cowboys over to New Zealand to explore and experience what we have to offer. 

Yep but we're  up for it eh!

Howdy Black Barrels. Hope you had a fun visit.It looks like you did well. I plan to visit my daughter on the North Island, perhaps January-February. I'd very much like to shoot at some matches in NZ. 

What club are you with?

Howdy Meesterpaul,

My home club is the Western renegades and at this moment we are shooting on the forth Saturday of the month but this could be changed to the Sunday in the near future . we also travel to the closest two clubs to us as well. 

At the moment there is nothing confirmed on the calendar for Jan-Feb but that will change in the next couple of months as clubs get organised ! our major matches are in  September and November each year and they are Island champs and NZ champs ( SASS regional).

I hope this has been helpful to you and drop me a email any time.

Regards BB

Hell on Wheels a fantastic cowboy shoot. Was last there in June 2015 Cattle Baron 1st place Wife took 2nd place LSS. Missed since due to COPD problems. Elevation & Breathing concern.

Hoping for 2019????

JRJ & SP

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.