SASS Wire Forum

Putting Life into Perspective

Read an old article about a 24 year who was diagnosed with cancer and while picking out a tie he would wear at his funeral, wanted to give some advise that would put things into perspective so as to not waste the precious life we have left.

Here are his quotes:

• "Don't waste your time on work that you don't enjoy. It is obvious that you cannot succeed in something that you don't like. Patience, passion, and dedication come easily only when you love what you do."

• "It's stupid to be afraid of others' opinions. Fear weakens and paralyzes you. If you let it, it can grow worse and worse every day until there is nothing left of you, but a shell of yourself. Listen to your inner voice and go with it. Some people may call you crazy, but some may even think you're a legend."

• "Take control of your life and take full responsibility for the things that happen to you. Limit bad habits and try to lead a healthier life. Find a sport that makes you happy. Most of all, don't procrastinate. Let your life be shaped by decisions  you made, not by the ones you didn't"

• "Appreciate the people around you. Your friends and relatives will always be an infinite source of strength and love. That is why you shouldn't take them for granted."

Great advise from a lad who had his own life cut short, too soon.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Yes it is and to follow his advice, I never enjoyed picking out ties so I would not bother.

Marshal:

I like, "Find a sport that makes you happy".

Believe I have.

Archived