SASS Wire Forum

I'm now a believer.

This morning, my wife was heating coffee in the microwave in a cup that came from her father's house after he had passed away.

As I was doing the dishes, when she put the cup down next to the sink, I began to smell a distinct odor that was vaguely familiar.

Picking the cup up, I smelled, and the odor was familiar.

It smelled just like the inside of his house. Didn't have any smell of coffee at all, but as if you were standing in his living room.

I had my wife pick the cup up and smell herself, without telling her what to expect, and after one whiff, she began to cry.

It was if he was still with us, and she knew it.

And now I do too.

Had a similar situation and discovered the cup was not microwave safe. Just saying

Linda ("The Germinator") collapsed Feb 22, 2009. Was unconscious until she passed Mar 15. The cats. Kitty, Spot and Bandit always slept with her, pther side of her or on top of her if I was near. If I was in the bed alone they were elsewhere, Kitty was One with Linda, I did not exist. The boys always just took a wide berth around me which was natural for the strays we took in.

So the morning of Mar 19 was to be Linda's service, the cats all joined me on the bed, Bandit of course was beyond arms reach.  Then again on April 2, Linda's remains were to be interred at the NH Veteran's Cemetery, the cats again joined me on the bed. 

and then there is the light bulb over the stairs...  I had the builder put it over the stairs instead of the head of the stairs where it would be easier to replace. that was in 1994. Linda though the top of the stairs was the right place. The bulb's first failure was while Linda was unconscious, then again in 2011 and 2012. I as left wondering if her spirit was pinging it.

The good Lord works in Mysterious ways .

And some times its just enough to make us stop and think for a Minute .

God bless

Rooster 

6 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I am a beliver also. Just too many things in my life to have been random circumstance. 

I heard a preacher say once that "a coincidence is the Lord working undercover." I've been the beneficiary of too many coincidences to believe otherwise.

7 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

This morning, my wife was heating coffee in the microwave in a cup that came from her father's house after he had passed away.

As I was doing the dishes, when she put the cup down next to the sink, I began to smell a distinct odor that was vaguely familiar.

Picking the cup up, I smelled, and the odor was familiar.

It smelled just like the inside of his house. Didn't have any smell of coffee at all, but as if you were standing in his living room.

I had my wife pick the cup up and smell herself, without telling her what to expect, and after one whiff, she began to cry.

It was if he was still with us, and she knew it.

And now I do too.

Your post gave me and my wife goosebumps. Dad passed in April 2014. Through much repairs and updating, the house was for sale in April 2015. Every room was repainted, and the hardwood floors were refinished. Kitchen and bathroom gutted and completely updated. Around Easter Sunday 2015, wife and I drove to dad's house for some small staging items at the request of the realtor. As I carried some lamps in the front door I passed by his bedroom. I was overcome with the incredibly strong aroma of his favorite cologne. My wife didn't smell it, just me. It lingered for a minute or so, then was gone. I didn't feel fear, but a wave of comfort seemed to sweep over me. Like he was telling me he was ok, and not to worry.

I've had too many paranormal experiences to not be a believer.

If'n ya don't believe, go stay at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado or the Grand Imperial Hotel in Silverton, Colorado.  

If'n yer brave enough, spend a couple hours in the 2nd story of the old hotel in the ghost town of Ashcroft, Colorado after the sun goes down.

:blink:

You might find yoreself thinkin' otherwise. 

I had the honor to serve as pallbearer for my best friend's grandfather.

I knew the old man and liked him, and knew his stories: he favored a 16 gauge model 12, and when local thieves would come around looking to steal cans of gas out of the barn or anything else that wasn't nailed down, my best friend would hear that shotgun cycle quietly, easily, the way the old man used to cycle it slow.

Granddad Beymer used to gather apples out of the old orchard, and bushels of apples added a delightful fragrance to the back porch.

Years after his death, when I'd come in the house, I'd smell apples and I'd smile a little, for Granddad still looked after the place, and I figured he said hello.

I've had other such reminders, other greetings from those who're waiting for me in the Valley, but that one remains a favorite.

It isn't something I discuss much because I don't need people thinking I'm more peculiar than I am, but I have a friend that got me started doing ghost hunts a few years back. I go into every situation somewhat skeptical, and work hard to come up with explanations for what is seen and experienced. Plenty of things can be explained. There are some, though, that defy my best efforts, and the efforts of some intelligent people.

21 hours ago, Noz said:

I've had too many paranormal experiences to not be a believer.

I had a  Diarrhea Experience once too , That made Me  a believer :huh:

Archived