SASS Wire Forum

have you shot this sequence?

4 targets,,,  1 3 2 4 1 3 2 4 1 3  

No - can see where a gunfighter would love it, though.

Think it would require traditional shooter's to have to slow down, especially on the transition to the second pistol, to keep from earning a P.

8 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

4 targets,,,  1 3 2 4 1 3 2 4 1 3  

Popular at one range we shoot.   For sure to have it on two stages.  Odd/even and even/odd is what we call it. 

Yep did it at a Firelands Wednesday shoot last year! I think we also did it at a Firelands regular monthly too!

How about this one?

1-1-2-3-4-4-1-2-3-4 The Pinto Kid sweep! (He hates this that's why I named it after him):P

Yes, Odds & Evens... very old, very tired, well used, gunfighter sweep.  Fallen out of favor... especially with non-gunfighters.  Not fun for anyone when used for the rifle.

"Purdy Boy Sweep"...

I like it...(Gunfighter)..

I came up with one several years ago shooting 2 three target Nevada sweeps on a 5 target spread. Maybe it already existed and I just reinvented it, I dunno.

1-3-5-3-1 then 2-3-4-3-2

Howdy Cheyenne,

Now you have 2 sweeps named after you! 

"How cool is that!"

The number 13 appears 3 times in this sweep!  I think I'll stay away from it!  :blink: :lol:

Mo

I wrote stages at THSS similar last October. 1-3-2-4-4 repeat. Also 2-4-1-3-3 repeat. I called it "odds and evens". 

7 hours ago, Slow Mo Dern said:

Howdy Cheyenne,

Now you have 2 sweeps named after you! 

"How cool is that!"

The number 13 appears 3 times in this sweep!  I think I'll stay away from it!  :blink: :lol:

Mo

w'as tha tother one?

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

w'as tha tother one?

Hey, CC,

A long time ago I found a sweep pattern listed online as "The Culpepper sweep".  

It has 9 rounds on three targets:  1 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 1 .  I naturally assumed you had invented this sweep.  We've been using it for years.

We shoot this sweep on 3 targets and the tenth round usually goes on a bonus target or a target off by itself.  It's easy to remember and also works well if a 9 round sweep is ever needed.  

Mo

1 hour ago, Slow Mo Dern said:

Hey, CC,

It has 9 rounds on three targets:  1 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 1 .  I naturally assumed you had invented this sweep.  We've been using it for years.

We shoot this sweep on 3 targets and the tenth round usually goes on a bonus target or a target off by itself.  It's easy to remember and also works well if a 9 round sweep is ever needed.  

Mo

wasn't mine,, I would never write a 9 shot sweep...  a good sweep tho as you said, tenth round put somewhere else

1 hour ago, Slow Mo Dern said:

Hey, CC,

Mo

We shot this one yesterday at Pemi Valley with the tenth round on the last 1. It was called an "Abilene sweep"

3 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

We shot this one yesterday at Pemi Valley with the tenth round on the last 1. It was called an "Abilene sweep"

I like that name better!  "Abilene sweep!"

Now I can call Cheyenne's dream gunfighter sweep the "Culpepper Sweep!"  :lol:

Yes I have shot that sweep at a Couple of Clubs ..

I like the "Ginger Rodgers" Sweep, 4 targets starting at either end , 4 on the first , 3 on the second ,  2 on the third ,  one on target 4....

And then sometimes we sweep the other row of targets ,  from the other end , 1 on target 1 , 2 on the second, 3 on the third and 4 on the last target,,, For old Larry...

We often give you a choice of which sweep you start on "Ginger" up close or Larry boy with da rifle ...

Jabez Cowboy

1 hour ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

4 targets starting at either end , 4 on the first , 3 on the second ,  2 on the third ,  one on target 4....

And then sometimes we sweep the other row of targets ,  from the other end , 1 on target 1 , 2 on the second, 3 on the third and 4 on the last target

We call those "regressive" and "progressive" sweeps, respectively - and shoot them quite often.

Also do a 6-target progressive using revolvers & rifle that requires a reload.

Archived