SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Chief Rick

Stage instructions for shotgun state:  Engage shotgun targets in the following order: S1, S4, S2, S3.  (Targets are KDs.)

Shooter engages & knocks down S1, engages & hits S4 but it doesn't fall, engages & knocks down S2, engages & knocks down S3 and then engages & knocks down S4.

no call, he engaged them correctly,, it didn't say must fall in order

No call.   GJ

As long as we have the concept of ENGAGING a target being what determines if the correct target order was used, we accept either a complete miss, or a slight hit but no target falling (this scenario), as a condition that says the target was engaged properly.   The fifth shot that took down S4 was the makeup, which can be fired at any time unless the stage writer gets real picky (harsh) with requiring "fall in order."

We had a “must fall in order” Shotgun sequence last week. Not a big deal, but I prefer to engage in order, make up anytime  as is mist normal at a SASS match. 

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

We had a “must fall in order” Shotgun sequence last week. Not a big deal, but I prefer to engage in order, make up anytime  as is mist normal at a SASS match. 

The problem with "Fall in order" is that it penalizes some folks more than others.

So...in my opinion, it is a problem.

If the stage writer wants a SG order, just make it an engagement order and be done with it.

Phantom

1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

The problem with "Fall in order" is that it penalizes some folks more than others.

So...in my opinion, it is a problem.

If the stage writer wants a SG order, just make it an engagement order and be done with it.

Phantom

yes, I agree (write this down folks, I agreed with Phantom!!!!)  and to make matters worse, one had to draw a card before starting the stage, which dictated which color you shot first.  The whole match was this way. On some (most) stages it really did not matter, but on a couple of them there was a definite advantage to starting with one color over the other. In short, not everybody shot the same match. Not a good idea. plus, there were lots of "P"s,  as people would forget which color to start on. 

And to make matter worse (and this one was 100% on me) after shooting the last stage, I went to my gun cart, dropped off my long guns & pistols in cart holsters, and was 1/2 way back to the line to relieve somebody  before I realized I had not cleared my guns. SDQ.  

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

And to make matter worse (and this one was 100% on me) after shooting the last stage, I went to my gun cart, dropped off my long guns & pistols in cart holsters, and was 1/2 way back to the line to relieve somebody  before I realized I had not cleared my guns. SDQ.  

I suppose so - but- was the ULRO asleep ? That is probably the second most important position on a posse !

22 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

I suppose so - but- was the ULRO asleep ? That is probably the second most important position on a posse !

in short, yes. this particular stage  area is very congested, and I was first shooter. Lots going on.. I think a lot of us are in a hurry to get the gear off after the last stage of the day. I intend to mention it at our match this Saturday. hope to take a learning experience, with a chance to turn it into a teaching experience, along with my SDQ!

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, I try to write luck OUT of the stages whenever I can. These days many matches are decided by little mistakes......i'd hate to lose a match because the other guy drew a better card or something. 

Archived