SASS Wire Forum

Fat Guy Pants

Dust'N Bottles

Looking for some costuming suggestions on pants for fat guys. (insert loose weight statement here) It seems that most of the pants / trousers marketed towards CAS have a high waist and do not agree with my large gut. Looking to see what brands, makers, or sources other big bellied cowpokes may know of. Thanks In Advance 

Have your persona be someone that was captured by Indians and wear a breechcloth, leggings, and longshirt.  The breeze is quite refreshing on hot days.:lol:

Keep your eyes pealed in the Classified Section, Dust'N Bottles.  I quite regularly see ads there for britches in very large sizes, and for very good prices most times.

I'm about 320 pounds, most of it in the front. This is what I ended up going with:

http://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=CM837-BK&type=store&category=3930

With suspenders they're quite comfortable. I had to hem them up because I'm nowhere near a 36" inseam, but the rough stitching job just adds to the cowboy flavor. (I guess. Nobody has complained.)

1 hour ago, Paako Hunter said:

Have your persona be someone that was captured by Indians and wear a breechcloth, leggings, and longshirt.  The breeze is quite refreshing on hot days.:lol:

Hey I shoot with this cowboy! Don’t want to go blind! Lol!

I was just looking at the Wild West Mercantile site.  They have pants that go up to 54" waist and I only looked at the 1st couple three pairs.  Not sure how large you need but......

Because of the high waist, you want a size larger than your actual waist size.

You can email or call them.  They are very helpful.

Like I told my doctor.  I'm in shape.  Round is a shape!

Yes, I know jeans :o are frowned on in some circles, but I sometimes wear a pair of black Wranglers. Yes, I do also wear adult size pants from Wild West Mercantile also.

3 hours ago, Paako Hunter said:

No no no.  We already have Shoshone Slim.  We don't need more than one.

But seriously, wear your jeans.

Try these. Get them a few inches long. Cut the bottoms off, use the material to make suspender tabs on the back. Cut off belt loops, sew on suspenders buttons and you are good to go. 

http://m.destinationxl.com/mens-big-and-tall-store/mens-casual-pants/harbor-bay-continuous-comfort-pants/cat140098/96965?pageType=

2 hours ago, Canton Chris said:

Hey I shoot with this cowboy! Don’t want to go blind! Lol!

Don’t worry Chis your eye sight is safe, along with the rest of the clubs. No loin cloth for me. 

Things you'd like to forget but can't.

Year's ago the family went to a mountain man rendezvous.  There was a guy there that was tall and very shinny dressed in a breechcloth, moccasins and headband.  That's it.  His white stick legs and sunken butt cheeks were shamelessly displayed.  :unsure:

Wear your jeans, you’ll be fine.

47 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Things you'd like to forget but can't.

Year's ago the family went to a mountain man rendezvous.  There was a guy there that was tall and very shinny dressed in a breechcloth, moccasins and headband.  That's it.  His white stick legs and sunken butt cheeks were shamelessly displayed.  :unsure:

Sorry about that. :lol:

My shape is round, with a couple of legs sticking out.  I bought a pair of pants that fit my waist, but the legs were flapping like I had batwing chaps on!  So, my dear,  lovely wife took pity on me and took in the legs so I wouldn't be swooshing when I walked so much.   

CK

Bib overalls have been around Since 1890's 

I wear Carharts.  They are largely period correct.  I add Suspender buttons from the sewing section of Walmart and you're good to go.  

I also wear "cop pants"   Just google Police Uniform pants.  They are similar to "Calv. pants".  

Yeah, most of them are designed to be worn high because that was the style.  I surrendered and got a larger size and just wear them around my real waist (not the hips which I always thought was my waist).  Turned out I like wearing the pants there better so I got some everyday pants in the same size and cut the same way and I'm more comfortable now. 

Scully Rangewear Frontier pants on the wildwest mercantile site go up to a 60. In the mens section not the big and tall section.

image.png.84484a5319d60a67adec2aa4b7276b1f.png

Archived