SASS Wire Forum

question about franklin arsenal tumbler

I bought a used Franklin Arsenal tumbler, couldn't test it,, but it's noisy! without the barrel on it!  is this normal?

Centrifugal weight makes it vibrate which causes it to work. Once you load it up with ground walnut shells or ground up Corn Cob and full of brass, tighten the lid down and turn it on. It will be a lot quieter than with nothing on it. 1-2 hours later, clean brass. Leave it on over night cuz you forgot to turn it off.....Brand new looking Brass....ask me How I Know....Just sayin''

Big Jake 1001. 

not a vibrator, the rotary tumbler...

and yes overnight in the vibratory one makes em look like new

Yep, noisy. I also run mine in our attached garage and can hear it inside.

Load it up with brass, pins, water, Dawn, Lemishine and turn it on for 1-3 hours , depending on amount of brass and amount of grime (BP takes a bit longer).

Brass comes out looking new.

I shot my C. Sharps 1875 in .40-65 on Sunday morning (church is in the evening), 125 rounds. I drop those in a jug of soapy water straight out of the rifle. Got them home, rinsed, put in the tumbler. 1-1/2 hours later, new looking brass.

Processed 800 rounds of .45 Colt last week in 4 batches, about 90 minutes each in the tumbler, with same results.

Archived