SASS Wire Forum

Hornady refuses to sell ammo to NY agencies after Cuomo gun initiative

Charlie T Waite

Ammunition giant Hornady is cutting off government buyers in New York over an order by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to financial services companies regarding gun politics.

Founded in 1949, Hornady Manufacturing Company is a family-owned business headquartered in Grand Island, Nebraska. (Photo: Hornady)

Love it. This is why we have free markets and I am so proud of Hornady for making this decision.  Time to assist in their upcoming revenue loss by ordering a couple thousand bullets for reloading.  Just hope other gun manufacturers and industry support companies follow suit.  Would be great if EVERY gun manufacturer cut ties with the State of New York so their agencies could not get new firearms, repair parts, ammunition, tactical gear, optics, uniforms, etc.   Would that make a statement?   We need to urge our sporting industry to follow suit with Hornady, a leader in the industry and living up to their position.   

I guess others feel the way I do.  

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/more-in-firearms-industry-should-follow-hornadys-new-york-example/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=3e7e523da5-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-3e7e523da5-21258213#axzz5EG4qFzNl

Hornady is cookin' with gas!!  Think I'll go buy myself some Critical Defense this afternoon!!

this one, while not surprising, may be worth reviewing,-- ?

New York Officials Weaponize Regulatory Power Against the NRA

it's hard to select a excerpt from the reference; the whole ought best be considered. nontheless, i'll offer a selection, as follows

excerpt

The Department of Financial Services, which regulates the banking and insurance industries in New York, followed up with guidance letters to insurance companies and banks.

The two letters caution recipients that "[t]hey are in the business of managing risks, including their own reputational risks, by making risk management decisions on a regular basis regarding if and how they will do business with certain sectors or entities." The guidance then includes slight variations on the following language from the banking letter:

The Department encourages its chartered and licensed financial institutions to continue evaluating and managing their risks, including reputational risks, that may arise from their dealings with the NRA or similar gun promotion organizations, if any, as well as continued assessment of compliance with their own codes of social responsibility. The Department encourages regulated institutions to review any relationships they have with the NRA or similar gun promotion organizations, and to take prompt actions to managing these risks and promote public health and safety.

Archived