SASS Wire Forum

First match in a spell coming up

Been about a year and a half since I last shot a match. Heading out to the Rockford Regulators this Saturday. Have gone to the firing range in between a couple times so I am not too rusty. Kinda reviewed the safety aspects and rules. Am thinking that I'll need to take it slow to get a 'feel' of the game again. Any pointers or advice is welcome.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Basics, basics, basics.  Sight alignment and trigger control.  Smooth is fast. If you have a chance, practice shotgun reloading between now and then.  That seems to be the skill the deteriorates that fastest for me.

16 hours ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

Been about a year and a half since I last shot a match. Heading out to the Rockford Regulators this Saturday. Have gone to the firing range in between a couple times so I am not too rusty. Kinda reviewed the safety aspects and rules. Am thinking that I'll need to take it slow to get a 'feel' of the game again. Any pointers or advice is welcome.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Just be you Pard .

And you will do great !

Rooster 

all the advice is null and void once the timer beeps!!!!!  glad you are back!!!

Dang.   When I first read the title of the thread I thought it said "First spelling match coming up".

Just relax and have fun Gunner.

2 hours ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

Thanks Pards!

Working down in Houston and come back Friday night. Cart, irons, and ammo are all ready for Saturday...I am too! B)

GG~:FlagAm:

I will have to see if my legs are up to coming out  too .

I would love to see everyone. 

If i can't make it out .

You need to come back and tell us how you did brother. 

Rooster 

When I have a spell between matches, I just relied on muscle memory. It's like writing your name with eyes closed, or walking down stairs in the dark. 

You know where your guns are and you see the targets, just relax and let your body do the rest.  How you shoot fast is not even a factor, cuz when you do

it will seem like Slow Motion and everybody claps and says YEA!!! Just sayin'

Big Jake

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

Sort of like riding a bike you never really forget, you just get rusty.

Archived