SASS Wire Forum

Wings of Freedom Tour Schedule

Just a stone's throw from my home is the Collings Foundation in Stow, MA.  World class collection (and ongoing restorations) of antique autos and airplanes.  Sponsors of the Wings of Freedom Tour - your chance to see (and fly in) classic warbirds.

Schedule for the route of the tour:

https://www.collingsfoundation.org/events/category/wings-of-freedom-tour/

Great images of planes and cars, too.

LL

I've always dreamed of flying in a P-51. Until I see the price. Then I just get sad.

Only one stop in Colorady. No luck. :(

You're welcome; let us know how it goes!

Now, my Collins Foundation story.  I represented a steel erector involved in construction at the Collings property.

The Foundation's collection grew out of the personal collection of Robert Collings, a local guy who made a ton of money in the tech field.  Back in the 1980's, he began construction of a large building on his land to house his collection of cars and planes.  It was actually built around a B-25.  As the erectors placed steel roofing panels, one of the workers had the misfortune to fall through the open framework, falling about 30'.  He struck the fuselage, and was killed.   

And so, among the lawyers involved (who all routinely display a morbid sense of humor to avoid being emotionally affected by the grim reality of the deaths in most of their cases), the matter became known as The Case of The Last Man Killed by a B-25.  By the time the case was over, even the judge was calling it that.

LL

Archived