SASS Wire Forum

Ambush At Cavern Cove 2018

Looking forward to being there. Roll Tide!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks I do apologize. I left town for a few days. Lickskillet was locked away in closet when I left. I was all the way up in KC when he calls and tells me he has escaped and is trying to figure out how to get the internet up and working. Well as you have seen his little squirrel brain figured it out. Guess we will let him stay out for a while. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Waimea said:

EXPERTS??!??

Ain't gonna make it this year.

Tied up with some Outlaw business.

Hopin' I might see your sorry face at Wartrace. I got just a dab left of Lickskillet shine.

We could do some damage in TN.:lol:

Bama Hurricanes is sneaky.

My poor vendor tent.

I will never mock a Hurricane again.

Then after the AL match I got to go back to FL to fight with Irma.

Hurricane, schmuricane. Those rotten ba$tards.:angry:

Hate ta hear ya aint gonna make it this year.Outlaw buisness Huh, sounds like tha Bunk House boss got ya under House Arrest after Black Gold.:rolleyes: Gonna try and make tha Tn. state iff'n i survive tha Texas match.Hope yore going to Texas i may need help iff'n i gotta put up wif Flat Foot Bob & Coon -Tail out there too.:lol: Will try and git some more of dat Snake bite medecine brewed up before then too.:wacko:

8 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I was thinking you could put some seam sealer in his shooters packet.  Maybe a couple of concrete blocks to put inside his tent to hold things down.

I think the famous words were "Huricaine...Schmuricaine, I ain't scared".  

Ha Ha Ha Funny thing is i aint never seen a drounded Rat that big before.:o

7 hours ago, lickskillet charlie said:

Hate ta hear ya aint gonna make it this year.Outlaw buisness Huh, sounds like tha Bunk House boss got ya under House Arrest after Black Gold.:rolleyes: Gonna try and make tha Tn. state iff'n i survive tha Texas match.Hope yore going to Texas i may need help iff'n i gotta put up wif Flat Foot Bob & Coon -Tail out there too.:lol: Will try and git some more of dat Snake bite medecine brewed up before then too.:wacko:

I will see you in TX.

That was too good to hope for.

But that IS where the sheep saga began.

Well that just makes the 1300 mile trip almost bearable.

Outlawin' is becoming a full out nose to the grindstone business. When I ain't Shooting, I am cutting lead, making boolits or something of a like nature.

Lookin' forward to seein' ya.

Waimea

I just looked at the camping map for Ambush.  Looks like there might be the makings of a party on the otherside of the ditch.  Marshal TKD might have to send Skittles over there to provide some adult supervision.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I just looked at the camping map for Ambush.  Looks like there might be the makings of a party on the otherside of the ditch.  Marshal TKD might have to send Skittles over there to provide some adult supervision.

As long as Skittles brings Bertha with him there will be an adult present....without his lifelong love of his life it'll just be kids! ;)

Kajun

That's right after a couple medical problems,,,,, Nuttin and myself are back on the trail. Ringo Fire has takin a few extra days off, but we are sure he will be ready soon.. We will have a class to show you a few tricks & transitions. { I call it Tips and Gravy} Bring a camera because you don't want to miss a thing.  

ENTERTAINMENT !!!! You ask ???? Saturday night we are gonna have a Karaoke show and your the talent ! Come on out sing ,dance, party and have fun with the Gang.

Skillet said we was having lots of door prizes to be given away, maybe even a new Car. Well maybe NOT. BUT we will have fun. Thanks for coming to Ambush. T-Bone

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I heard that Woody Anderson Ford is going to donate a new F-250 to everyone in the Gunfighter catagory.  Better get those appliacations in.

Badlands Bob (spreader of unsubstanciated rumors)

You just know I been looking at F250's.

Trying to tempt me.

You ARE Evil Bob.

Waimea (wants a 350 but will settle for a 250)

Well folks we just got word today that SASS #1 The Judge and Justice Lilly Kate are coming back to Ambush this year. The Judge will be holding court at the pavilion, so come sit a spell and chat with him.

I'm working with Drake to start finalizing posse lists. If you're coming, get that application in! Message me! Call me! Do something to let us know you're coming so we can get you shootin' with who you want to shoot with! Y'all come now, ya hear!

9 hours ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

There will be RO1 and RO2 classes running in conjunction with each other from 8:00 Friday until 12:30. Sign up if you need to take either for the first time or as a refresher. 

Sign me up. I'll be there, half awake and sucking down coffee then rushing lunch after to get over to long range by 1:00 but I;ll be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday morning the long range range will be open for practice and zeroing. Please do not shoot the orange targets, we'd like them clean for the match. There will be at least one target painted other than orange at 50, 100 and 200 yards for practice. Also please do not move the tables, I'm going to put them where I want them for the match ahead of time. I will be leaving my spotting scope and stand there for use while y'all get your zeroes. Meanwhile I'll be in RO class that morning. Y'all have fun and be safe,

Long Range Schedule for Ambush - Friday, August 31st.

1 PM to 3:15 PM all types shoot

3:15 PM to 4 PM shoot off for single shot tiebreakers

Tiebreakers:

Pistols and lever guns time is the tiebreaker

Single shot rifles shoot off for tiebreaker

Match official will assign the target to be shot when there are multiple targets at a given distance. Two sighters per gun will be allowed, sighters may not be converted to shots for record.

Pistols at 50 yards, 5 shots

Pistols may be brought to the line holstered or cased, must be unloaded

Load at the table

Start standing at the table, gun in hand, muzzle touching table until the beep

Shooter starts the timer

Rifles, pistol caliber at 100 yards, rifle caliber at 200 yards

Load at the table adjacent to firing position

Leverguns may be fired supported with sticks or unsupported from standing or sitting position, shooter's choice. Start in position if using sticks or at high ready if shooting unsupported.

5 shots

Match official starts the timer.

Single shot rifles

4 shots supported with sticks from the standing or sitting position, shooter's choice.

2 shots offhand (standing unsupported)

Load from the body or the table adjacent to the firing position

Guns may be in carts with actions open, racked with actions open (there is limited rack space) or brought to the line cased and then shown clear when uncased. Guns may only be loaded at the line immediately prior to firing. Guns must be shown clear and actions kept open before removing from the line (guns brought to the line cased or holstered may be shown clear then the action closed and recased or reholstered). No gun handling under the shelter while a shooter is on the firing line.

Ambush Is almost here!

We will have a PCC (Pistol Caliber Carbine) stage set up. So bring your PCC and have some fun. The PCC stage will be at stage 11 and run from 4 to 5 on Friday. 

Cowboy Yard Sale! We will have it going on under Mustang Sally's. You will be responsible for your own stuff. 

7 hours ago, Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life said:

Can we use jackedted 9mm for the PCC stage?

Yes. Round count will be somewhere between 25-27 per time the stage is shot. Shoot it as many times as you want within the time frame, of course taking your turn with the others playing. 

1 hour ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

Yes. Round count will be somewhere between 25-27 per time the stage is shot. Shoot it as many times as you want within the time frame, of course taking your turn with the others playing. 

Will there be a mandatory reload?

Coming up on about one week before Ambush kicks off.  Hey Buck, I'm just wondering....is this gonna be another PC type match or will Skittles break out the midget tossing side match this year? And if so will Quigley be there to defend his title?  B)

Kajun

What is the round count for the Wild Bunch side match?  

6 hours ago, Tony Crowe said:

What is the round count for the Wild Bunch side match?  

100 45 ACP

50 rifle

25 shotgun

You'll need a minimum of 4 7 round magazines.  Two stages have 28 rounds through the 1911.  

Three stages for sure, a fourth one written for if we have time. 

Well folks the steel is set. The steel is painted. The range is mowed. Most of the grass is bagged. 

The shoot through starts tomorrow. 

We discussed the reload on the PCC stage, Not sure if there will be a reload. So bring an extra mag or two and bring the biggest man you got. 

We will run our man on man at the PCC stage on Saturday it looks to be a hoot. 

Scotch before Noon ran his mower for at least 7 hours today. 

I worked till 3:30 this afternoon doing what had to be done. 

Double Nickel also worked till 3:30.

It was a long day.

Thanks to out members who worked today getting things ready. Double Nickel, Scotch Before Noon, Montana Colt, Ben T Iron, Black Jack Lee, Pistoleer, Water Snake, Graver Bill and Drake. Oh and I dare not forget the dirty hat guy, Iron Head Smith. 

Thanks guys you rock!

I saw where camping is closed because the power output limit was reached. I have a hotel room for Saturday but not Friday. Is it possible to camp in my van if I'm not hooking up to power? 

Archived