SASS Wire Forum

Ambush At Cavern Cove 2018

Ambush At Cavern Cove the Alabama State Championships. Will be held August 31st through September 2nd. 

We have Double Nickel writing the stages for us. He has been doing a great job as our stage marshal.

Our land owner Gary Franks has given us permission to bring our target in closer. We can set targets at 3.33  yards now. 

We will be shooting side matches on Friday the 31st. 

Our main match will be shot Saturday and Sunday 5 stages each day.

On side match day we will also be shooting a Wild Bunch mini match, a Black Powder mini match and a Rimfire match.  

We will also have our traditional side matches going on Saturday. 

Saloon night will be returning this year. Last year we had a great turn out for it. The gaming tables where full the bar was open and good time was had by all. 

Those that shot with us last year we have taken steps to correct the concerns that where brought to us. 

Our application is online at https://www.northalabamaregulators.com/

CAMPING UPDATE.

Camping is filling up quick we have a few 50 amp spots left. Still plenty of 30 amp spots

Website has instructions on how to reserve a spot. Do not contact Gary Franks. 

See You at the shoot.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I sent my app in last week.  Count me in.  Glad to hear the Rimfire match is happening too.  I'm not so good a poker but I'm good at drinking.

Now there's a truth if I've ever heard one.  Of course hanging around Evil Bob the truth is a far and distant thing....specially if Skittles is doing the talking :lol:

Oh, and I mailed in my app too.....looking forward ta seeing some some of my fella miscreants at the range....and you know who you are ;)

Kajun

9 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Now there's a truth if I've ever heard one.  Of course hanging around Evil Bob the truth is a far and distant thing....specially if Skittles is doing the talking :lol:

Oh, and I mailed in my app too.....looking forward ta seeing some some of my fella miscreants at the range....and you know who you are ;)

Kajun

Well KK at our last match we tried 200 mile an hour tape on Skillets mouth. It held for 10 seconds! That was how long it took his mouth to reach full speed 205 miles per hour! 

24 minutes ago, lickskillet charlie said:

,Figgered smoke signals was useless with this bunch.:(:lol::D

IT LIVES!

Kajun

On 6/7/2018 at 8:18 AM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Well KK at our last match we tried 200 mile an hour tape on Skillets mouth. It held for 10 seconds! That was how long it took his mouth to reach full speed 205 miles per hour! 

Well this bout sums it up:rolleyes:

29133734_1953907371309873_4574029817170232589_n.jpg

I've been aimin' ta' say a little something about these folks!!  This is one of my favorite places to go and shoot!  The last couple of years, I've either been booked somewhere with the band, or last year I was in and out of the hospital and doctor's offices so many times and couldn't (shouldn't have) walk. I'm planning on getting back in shape and this is one of the places I plan to visit!

Ambush is ALWAYS a great time and a fun match!!  Y'all saddle up and get there!!

On 6/11/2018 at 9:01 PM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

What sums it up. The Bullets flying everywhere except on target?

Don't sweat the misses, you're sweating enough already!

We have confirmed T-Bone and Nuttin are coming back this year. They will be doing a coaching on Transitions and running a SXS. We will also have them MC Saturday night for us. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, lickskillet charlie said:

Lets run this back up to the top, bout 3 1/2 more weeks till the fun starts.     LSC

Skittles.....ya gonna be there?

Kajun

11 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Wow, Ambush is coming up fast.  This has always been one of my favorite matches.  

You and dat Coon-tail leave that blasted hooo-do -vooo- do Doll in georgee, been hear'n bout all tha trouble that thangs been a caus'n.

Sides i ai'nt got nuf ar plate ta cover all tha tables wif...might kin find nuf short bungee cord ta tie to tha guns tho.:o:D

Ophelia & Max will be there! I particularly enjoy coming so I can lose to Purly, Swift Stoney, & Knot Hardly Dunn!!!!

2 hours ago, lickskillet charlie said:

You and dat Coon-tail leave that blasted hooo-do -vooo- do Doll in georgee, been hear'n bout all tha trouble that thangs been a caus'n.

Sides i ai'nt got nuf ar plate ta cover all tha tables wif...might kin find nuf short bungee cord ta tie to tha guns tho.:o:D

You just tend to your sheep herdin' and leave the vodoo dolls to the experts.B)

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

:lol::lol::lol: Boy i needed dat laugh for tha day......Sides ol Wa-enema dont look like he's gonna make it this year,must be worried bout those Bama Hurricanes.:o

I was thinking you could put some seam sealer in his shooters packet.  Maybe a couple of concrete blocks to put inside his tent to hold things down.

I think the famous words were "Huricaine...Schmuricaine, I ain't scared".  

7 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

EXPERTS??!??

3 hours ago, lickskillet charlie said:

:lol::lol::lol: Boy i needed dat laugh for tha day......Sides ol Wa-enema dont look like he's gonna make it this year,must be worried bout those Bama Hurricanes.:o

Ain't gonna make it this year.

Tied up with some Outlaw business.

Hopin' I might see your sorry face at Wartrace. I got just a dab left of Lickskillet shine.

We could do some damage in TN.:lol:

Bama Hurricanes is sneaky.

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I was thinking you could put some seam sealer in his shooters packet.  Maybe a couple of concrete blocks to put inside his tent to hold things down.

I think the famous words were "Huricaine...Schmuricaine, I ain't scared".  

My poor vendor tent.

I will never mock a Hurricane again.

Then after the AL match I got to go back to FL to fight with Irma.

Hurricane, schmuricane. Those rotten ba$tards.:angry:

Mosey on boys....ain't nothing to see here.  I'm just getting my popcorn and cold drank out and setting up ma chair to watch the goings on around here! ;)

Kajun

Archived