SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Reclaimed Lead Shot

Looking for Reclaimed Lead Shot at a reasonable price.  I have found some at $65.00 for 50 lbs. Shipped which is about $20 less than I can buy the same amount of new for.  Has anyone found a source where it can be bought at a better price?

Actually it is $0.94 a lb and the price of shipping is $13. so it is $23.50 for the 25 lbs

3 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Looking for Reclaimed Lead Shot at a reasonable price.  I have found some at $65.00 for 50 lbs. Shipped which is about $20 less than I can buy the same amount of new for.  Has anyone found a source where it can be bought at a better price?

Where are you buying new at that price?

28 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

Where are you buying new at that price?

Cabela's $42 for 25 lbs 7.5

Have you checked with local trap and skeet clubs. Quite often they'll have reclaimed shot and they'll part with a couple of 25lb bags. Most of those clubs buy it by the pallet and quite a few of them have a contract with the people reclaiming the lead.

35 minutes ago, Charlie Whiskers said:

Have you checked with local trap and skeet clubs. Quite often they'll have reclaimed shot and they'll part with a couple of 25lb bags. Most of those clubs buy it by the pallet and quite a few of them have a contract with the people reclaiming the lead.

Yep what Charlie said..Here in Australia we have a shooter that had the reclaimer made in the USA..cost him a lot of $$ to set it all up but he virtually has the the monopoly as he signs up the clubs & travels around with everything he needs..you have to buy a minimum of a ton.

Bought 5 ton & makes good bullets..paid $1.60 KG which is less than 80 cents LB..finally looks like I've found something cheaper than you guys . !!!!

8 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Actually it is $0.94 a lb and the price of shipping is $13. so it is $23.50 for the 25 lbs

If it's quality re-claimed shot? That's a good price. The shipping is what it is. It will never be cheaper than $13.65 (medium flat rate box)

Re-claimed shot seems to come and go, more often, it's hard to find. The vast majority that is mined, is sold to smelter/lead processors and if it's decent? resold to clubs and to vendors. (I have talked with numerous shot miners trying to buy a 50lb barrel)

I tend to buy when I find it. (if I need it) Waiting just to save a dollar a bag and then having it no longer available, is never a good value.

By the way I paid $22.00 a bag over eight years ago and thought it was a great deal! Makes $23.50 seem very reasonable.

Regards,

Ringer

actually it should be $32.50 for 25 lbs,,,   65 divide by 2 = 32.50,, but still a good buy

1 hour ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

actually it should be $32.50 for 25 lbs,,,   65 divide by 2 = 32.50,, but still a good buy

Cheyenne you're forgetting about the shipping cost so once you subtract that it's a lot less than $32.50 for 25 lb.  Shipping is $13 which is included in that $65 price

By the way new is $42.50 plus shipping from Cabela's if I buy it at Scheels then I'm paying $59 for new but have to go get it.

1 hour ago, Charlie T Waite said:

By the way new is $42.50 plus shipping from Cabela's if I buy it at Scheels then I'm paying $59 for new but have to go get it.

Thanks for reminding me of cabelas. That is where I got my last 25 pound bag I am working through. I guess it's been awhile and I forgot. By the way, Cabelas offers free shipping all the time. Usually on $99 orders, but sometimes just for being a club member

53 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

Thanks for reminding me of cabelas. That is where I got my last 25 pound bag I am working through. I guess it's been awhile and I forgot. By the way, Cabelas offers free shipping all the time. Usually on $99 orders, but sometimes just for being a club member

They told me that shipping was extra, might be because it was $85 so I guess I would have to find another $14 to spend...:rolleyes:  

cabellas has free shipping for $50 orders now,,,

where can you get the reclaimed shot from at that price?

I buy graphited, reclaimed shot near Valley Forge Pa for $1/lb. I wonder how much would go in a Small Flat Rate box instead of the Medium. A 25lb SFR box would be a lot more manageable than those 50-60lb boxes. I'm making up some bullet alloy ingots to fit the dimensions of the small flat rate box. It may work out to cost about the same or a little less then using the larger flat rate boxes.

Not that I plan on doing this - but an ingot the exact size of a flat rate box would weigh something like 27 pounds. I'm thinking that ingots the thickness of candy bars that fit the box may not leave too much airspace and maybe I can get 25 lb in a flat rate box. If anybody wants the shot from my local guy I should have enough to fill up a flat small flat rate box and test to see how much shot fits in that SFR box.

The cheapest we can get it around here and Texas is $30 to $35.00/25lbs, so that price is a bargain. Where you buying from so we can buy some too?

I get it from the guy who recycles it from some local gun club or two. He has an interesting sifter with an auger and multiple screens that he uses to clean the shot. I'll be going by his neighborhood this Saturday, as I do at least once a month. I'll check in with him tomorrow and see if he has material available. He usually puts it in 2 L soda bottles. I stopped by and picked up to a while ago and he said that some gun club from Maryland came up and bought 700 pounds. He's 80 years old and showing potential for tapering off. In any case I'll check and see if he has it available and if he does and you want some I could arrange to ship it.

Thanks, but I just ordered 100 lbs.

Here's how to get your rural letter carrier's eyes to roll. Two 50lb boxes of reclaimed shot from Redlands Shooting Range. I was told if I wanted them I had to go out to the truck and get them. Perhaps a little extra in her Christmas card will put me back in her good graces.

Redlands Shot.jpg

Fin Feather Fur in ohio has new for $36 a bag of 25lb,,,,

Archived