SASS Wire Forum

Fl.state Championship

Chance Ramsay

Well it's in the book's and one great match it was Stan and Gin were top guns  a big thank you to Cass and crew  and congrats to all the category winners and a big congrats to all the state winners posse 1 was the best thanks again to Cass  Talon range for having us 

Chance Ramsay

Thanks Chance.  We were certainly blessed with good weather.  The scores were posted on the Red Hills Rangers website several hours ago.  Here's the link:

https://redhillsrangers.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/detailedmatchresultsbytime-1.pdf

It was a bucket list match in all respects. Congratulations to all the winners and especially top lady Shamrock Sadie and top man Santa Fe River Stan. Also the Florida state winners Hawkeye Gin and Santa Fe River Stan. Looking forward to next year. Cass and all the crew did above and beyond in putting this match on. 

14 hours ago, Chance Ramsay said:

Well it's in the book's and one great match it was Stan and Gin were top guns  a big thank you to Cass and crew  and congrats to all the category winners and a big congrats to all the state winners posse 1 was the best thanks again to Cass  Talon range for having us 

Chance Ramsay

As Goliath , said Great Job ! 

These matches are a lot of work especially behind the scenes, so to all those folks involved Thank You ! 

Congratulations to all the winners  and overalls Stan & Sadie, Hawkeye Gin and also Congratulations to Little Man for winning the Shoot Off ! , he needs to come up with a different alias 

Thank You CASS for taking on the FL State Championship and doing a excellent job 

AO

A sincere salute to Cass and crew.  They put in a lot of hard work and many long hour days on this and I saw nothing but smiley faces all weekend as a result.

Everyone had a grand time because of you and your crew Cass...which is the best reward of all.

So, Cass starts a new Cowboy Club & gets the Florida State Championship in one year! And, as far as I could see, everything ran without a hitch, which is also a major accomplishment! Great match, tons of fun, & we really appreciate the precision of a well-planned & executed event. Thanks to all who worked so hard to put it on!!

Kudo's to Purly for showing me who the Daddy is in the Elder Statesman class! He let me win a few times at local matches recently, but turns out he was just toying with me when he really put it on me at the Fla St Championship this weekend. He was first place in a field of 17 shooters, & shot it clean. And, he qualified for the top gun shootoff. Great job, man! I'm gonna start bringing my note pad when I shoot with Purly!

DITTO what everyone else has said - and as Greta Dee reminds me, I love shooting in Florida because good things happen - first ever clean match (a few years ago), JEDI Gunfighter last year and this year - THE BEST match (and finish) I have EVER shot - EVER!!  The stages were fun - poor Barkeep Casey - the props matched the story which was super cool and the range was nice!  The banquet was fun - venue was very nice and food fabulous. 

Posse 5 was a hoot!  Loved it!  Only knew a couple of folks and had never shot with anyone before! 

WELL DONE!!! 

I'm in for next year!

BIG HUGS!!

Scarlett

Cass and crew put forth a tremendous effort getting this done.   I was amazed at the family members he had helping out.  I reckon it says something about a fella when the folks that know him best are willing to pitch in and help do something like this.  Mrs. Hopidy is deserving of sainthood.   

Cass and his crew put on a first class match.  From sign in to awards I didnt see anything that could have been better. Hollywood Dave was always on time with the shuttle. Gretta Dee was there when I needed a ride to my car when it. This match should be on your list for next year.  Thank you Cass.

Great job, Cass and Crew.

That 14 foot gator never did figure out how to unzip the tent.

Had a great time.

Waimea

Thanks all for the encouragement, support and kind words. Blackhawk Henry refers to the match crew in the third person but HE was a vital member.  He helped write the stages (but later disowned one of them), built some incredible props, including a covered wagon, buckboard and head slammin' barkeep, and hand crafted 157 beautiful awards buckles.  And yes, my family pitched in-one of my daughters Ketch N Edge)  took more than 1,000 pictures, her husband and my middle son were shuttle drivers, and my wife (Center Punch) spent many, many hours planning, creating spreadsheets, stuffing shooter bags, helping out at registration, and decorating the awards banquet tables.  Big shoots are always the product of a lot of dedicated individuals.

I think I might be qualified to say that the Red Hills Ruckus was a fine event. It had everything you wanted in a match.

First and foremost the main match stages were excellent. Plenty of movement with hitaable targets that were not all in your face. The sequences were interesting and fresh and no P traps. The side matches were fun as were the team events. The Sunday shoot-off was an all knockdown event with excitement galore. To sum up the shooting was right in target. 

The banquet was in a nice facility with plenty of good food....cheese grits were good and I don't like cheese grits......The awards ceremony went well and the state category champs were called out separately which is a very nice touch. The buckles are cool and we should be seeing them proudly displayed on the range. 

To pull all all this off takes a lot of effort....congrats to Cass and his Crew for a job well done! I can't wait for next year!

Stan

Just wanted to let everyone know that there are many, many pictures from the match.  Follow the Pictures Available link from this page on the RHR website:

https://redhillsrangers.com/2018sasschampionshipfl/

Archived