SASS Wire Forum

Yeti Coolers

Lawdog Dago Dom

In general it seems that the Yeti coolers and other products have been marketed to sportsmen, hunters and other outdoor activities.  I guess that they now plan to market them at manicure shops and tea rooms.  :P

Blackfoot

Here is a reply Shortcake got when she asked Grizzly Coolers if they were NRA supporters.

Hi Shortcake,

Thanks for your inquiry into Grizzly Coolers. We certainly are an industry supporter for the Friends of the NRA program – here’s a link where you’ll see our brand alongside our fellow supporters - https://www.friendsofnra.org/IndustrySupporters.aspx

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks again for reaching out.

Take care,

Brady Severson

Regional Sales Representative

Grizzly_Logo_Slate

1712 Moellers Drive

Decorah, IA 52101

Direct – 563-202-9120

Cell - 563-419-9670

www.grizzlycoolers.com

Yeti makes highly overpriced products that do NOT perform significantly better than products costing 1/4 to 1/3 the price.

I have tested Yeti 30 oz cup (wife received as promo gift through work) vs. Ozark Trail 30 oz cup (purchased at Wal Mart). Ozark Trail actually kept drinks cool or hot longer.

I have also tested a Yeti 20 gal cooler against a Coleman 20 gal cooler and the temperature inside the coolers remained within 2 degrees for 36 hours.

However, I have not yet had the chance to have a grizzly tear into both coolers. From appearance, I do believe the Yeti might fair better.

1 hour ago, Lost Trail said:

Yeti makes highly overpriced products that do NOT perform significantly better than products costing 1/4 to 1/3 the price.

I have tested Yeti 30 oz cup (wife received as promo gift through work) vs. Ozark Trail 30 oz cup (purchased at Wal Mart). Ozark Trail actually kept drinks cool or hot longer.

I have also tested a Yeti 20 gal cooler against a Coleman 20 gal cooler and the temperature inside the coolers remained within 2 degrees for 36 hours.

However, I have not yet had the chance to have a grizzly tear into both coolers. From appearance, I do believe the Yeti might fair better.

I compared a Yeti travel mug to a harbor freight travel mug with the following results:

Yeti                                              harbor freight

Hot Drink                3.5 hrs                                           4.75 hrs

Cold Drink              5.75 hrs                                         8.25 hrs

Cost                        $29.95                                           $8.99

Upon further research found they were both made exactly the same.

I heard RTIC coolers are made by the same company at about 1/3 the price, this was also stated on another thread.

And as OLG said "Pelican is pro-NRA, and their stuff is all USA made".  By the way - In the wake of Yeti allegedly deciding to break up with NRA by refusing to sell its products to NRA-ILA, Pelican has announced a new promotion. Use the code PELICANPROUD when ordering a Pelican cooler this month, and Pelican will donate $10 to NRA — and give you a free Pelican 22 ounce stainless steel tumbler Link

Charlie

A bit of history...  Yeti was started by two Texans, brothers Ryan and Roy Seiders, in 2006...  a couple of "avid outdoorsmen."  

In 2012, a New York City private equity firm - Cortec - bought controlling interest in the company.

So let's see... a once-good company, now controlled by a bunch from the Land of Cuomo and De Blasio...  Gee. What could possibly go wrong...?  hidden-02.gif

ALERT ! YETI Adds Insult to Injury - TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2018

If it wasn’t bad enough that YETI dropped The NRA Foundation as a client, now they’re calling us liars because we informed our members and friends of their actions.

The NRA Foundation has over 1,100 “Friends of NRA Committees” around the country. These committees host banquets and auctions that are attended by hundreds of thousands of guests each year.  These events raise funds to support charitable causes and programs.  The NRA Foundation supports the needs of  youth programs for education, safety and training, as well as law enforcement needs, shooting ranges and conservation programs. 

For many years we have purchased coolers from YETI for our auctions. We have auctioned off many thousands of YETI coolers each year. YETI recently dropped The NRA Foundation as a client.  Not only would they not take our orders for more coolers, they forced us to cancel orders already in the system that they said they would not fill.

Three days after we notified you of YETI’s decision to drop The NRA Foundation, YETI issued their prepared statement in which they admit they dropped us but claim they simply eliminated the discount program and dropped other (unnamed) organizations as well.  That’s news to us. 

Perhaps the people writing YETI’s damage control statements are not talking to the people who enforced YETI’s decisions and refused our orders. We had even offered the YETI Roadie in one of our sponsorship levels for 2018 – which we’ve had to cancel. 

We told you the truth.  

YETI’s attempts at damage control is to say our statement is not accurate.  Shame on you again YETI.  You know you made a mistake.  A big one. Now you must live with your mistake. 

I guess YETI forgot that; A- gun owners have actual income, from jobs or retirement plans; and B- will spend such income accordingly with companies that support gun owner positions.

I hope the cocoa drinkers and puppy petters can make up their lost revenue.

4 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

I guess YETI forgot that; A- gun owners have actual income, from jobs or retirement plans; and B- will spend such income accordingly with companies that support gun owner positions.

I hope the cocoa drinkers and puppy petters can make up their lost revenue.

Latte, Lawdog... Latte.  Or "Caffelatte," to be more correct.  And occasionally Perrier...   ;)

But they sometimes leave their neckties off, proving that they're just reg'lar folk. :rolleyes:

Here they are hard at work:  The Cortec Group

Some may wish to consider what I have just done with my FORMER Yeti cooler.......

Took it to the local gospel mission as a donation and they provided a donation receipt for the actual cost I paid for it!

As a charitable donation, I will now be able to get my money back (in a way) when I file taxes next year.

Hope the new owner enjoys~!

Hands

10 minutes ago, Hands said:

Some may wish to consider what I have just done with my FORMER Yeti cooler.......

Took it to the local gospel mission as a donation and they provided a donation receipt for the actual cost I paid for it!

As a charitable donation, I will now be able to get my money back (in a way) when I file taxes next year.

Hope the new owner enjoys~!

Hands

Great idea

Archived