SASS Wire Forum

The worst taste you have ever experienced.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The best tip for drinking Guinness is to make a Black and Tan. Half Harp lager or Bass ale and half Guinness.

Black Velvet:wub:

Guiness and Champagne

You can drink it all day so long as you are sitting down, try and stand and the world takes a lurch to the left:D

7 minutes ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Marmite!  The Brits love it as a sandwich spread but it’s beyond gross to me. 

Seamus

I am going to go out on a limb and guess you arent a big Vegemite fan then either?

Two thoughts.

You give me a strange food to try, and I actually like it, I'm not going to just stand there saying, "I like this". I'm gonna take another bite.

The Aussie, who said it was so wonderful, took one little bite, then GAVE THE REST OF HIS AWAY. Didn't put any more in his mouth. Just that one little nibble. And GAVE IT AWAY.

A lot of our taste preferences are genetic, we just react differently to some tastes because we were made that way.  Some are based on our experiences or other things in our backgrounds like “grandma always forced me to eat it”.

some people have very sensitive taste buds, some could consume mud and not know the difference

i am not sure what the worst thing I ever tasted was but I am pretty sure it was a sea creature at a Chinese banquet in Hong Kong, Singapore or Taipei.

14 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Two thoughts.

You give me a strange food to try, and I actually like it, I'm not going to just stand there saying, "I like this". I'm gonna take another bite.

The Aussie, who said it was so wonderful, took one little bite, then GAVE THE REST OF HIS AWAY. Didn't put any more in his mouth. Just that one little nibble. And GAVE IT AWAY.

and who is the silly one?

The guy who gave it away or the guy who ate it when he gave it away:D

I am the first to admit that Vegemite is an acquired taste, but, it is one I have aquired and I do like my cup of tea and Vegi toast of a weekend morning.

By the way if you are going to try it the way Hugh Jackman suggests is the best way for a begginer.

I work as a Vet Tech.
One of the functions of my job is to , shall we say, relieve built up pressures....otherwise know as express anal glands. Some animals do not have thee ability to do it naturally-or they get infected.

I learned the hard way early on...not to speak, smile , laugh or have an open mouth while performing this procedure...
You have no idea.

9 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

I am going to go out on a limb and guess you arent a big Vegemite fan then either?

Major,

Thanks for the reminder and the video with Hugh Jackman.

For those who need to know more about Vegemite catch the scene at the 1:00 mark in one of my favorite videos.

Vegemite is on the shelf in the background.

I like brussel sprouts and collard green, but liver and lima beans... not so much.

Would never, never, never even consider trying a balut egg.

But the absolute worst thing I've ever tasted was a june bug inside a peanut butter sandwhich. :wacko:

10 hours ago, Angry Dan said:

I work as a Vet Tech.
One of the functions of my job is to , shall we say, relieve built up pressures....otherwise know as express anal glands. Some animals do not have thee ability to do it naturally-or they get infected.

I learned the hard way early on...not to speak, smile , laugh or have an open mouth while performing this procedure...
You have no idea.

No wonder you're angry, Dan.

Angus

10 hours ago, Angry Dan said:

I work as a Vet Tech.

You have no idea.

You win :wacko:

Archived