SASS Wire Forum

Gun for sale

It's snowing. It's cold. How 'bout a little game?

This box contains a gun made in 1972 that is worth more, some would say considerably more, than I'm asking. In two days, if nobody takes a chance on it, I'll disclose what it is and it goes to Gunbroker. If you do take a chance on it, you still won't know what it is until it arrives at your FFL. ;)

$750, insured & shipped.

100_2092.JPG

That’s gambling, ain’t it?

Was Let's Make a Deal gambling?

Buying a gun is always a gamble. You don't get to hold it, you can't judge condition by a teeny picture on your screen, the seller might be outright lying to you... had THAT happen before!

The problem with this is, of course, nobody but me knows what's in the box. I might have put a Colt Anaconda .45 in it, not thinking anyone would buy a mystery box, and I could just swap it out for a Taurus Judge now that there are two takers... what to do, what to do... 

15 minutes ago, Wolfgang, SASS #53480 said:

cardboard boxes are becoming a very collectible item.  .  I think you are getting a very good deal . . . . . :P

Congrats Crabby,

You can add it to your collection (the recycle bin) :lol:

You have to let us know !!  i can't wait to find out, it's like Christmas, but with guns !!!  What a great idea J Bar !! Good Show, Good Show !!1

I’m thinking there otta be video of Crabby opening the box at his FFL, might make for good viewing.

If crabby is serious, he's going to be quite pleased with this gun, and the first "I'll take it" who deleted his reply is going to kick himself for quite some time. :lol:

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

I’m thinking there otta be video of Crabby opening the box at his FFL, might make for good viewing.

Dang... then I can't tell ya'll what it is two days from now...

1 minute ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Dang... then I can't tell ya'll what it is two days from now...

Tell us after the video is made and then release the video.

For such a gruff looking cowboy, you have a great sense of humor!

And an appreciation of pop music!

Not what I would have expected.....

7 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

It's going to be like the price of ROA's.  Soon, cardboard boxes will be going for $1500.   :P

Neat idea!   Can't wait to see what it is.

Totes

Got one o' them for sale here too, but it's got those pesky adjustable sights. Are fixed sights REALLY worth another grand to you? :P

I have had dealings with ol jbar, bet whoever bought that box is gonna be REAL happy! SCJ

When I was in the Navy some 45 years ago, there was a travel agency that occasionally offered a ridiculously low rate on a round trip ticket. The catch was you didn't know where you were going til you were on the plane! Maybe Hawaii... maybe Coeur d'Alene... maybe New York... maybe Atlanta or Dallas. It was fun!

I pm'd you crabby - if you don't respond by 1:36 pm MST Thursday, April 19, 2018 and confirm that you do, indeed, want to buy my gun, then the deal is off, I'll post here exactly what it is, and off it goes to Gunbroker.

I don't want to disclose exactly what it is, post it to Gunbroker, then have someone come back after knowing the *surprise details* and say, "But... but, I SAID I'd take it", with some excuse about a death in the family or "I was out of town" or somesuch.

Honestly, I sure wouldn't commit to a deal like this, but I'd be there with a bag of popcorn watching like the rest o' ya!

9 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I pm'd you crabby - if you don't respond by 1:36 pm MST Thursday, April 19, 2018 and confirm that you do, indeed, want to buy my gun, then the deal is off, I'll post here exactly what it is, and off it goes to Gunbroker.

I don't want to disclose exactly what it is, post it to Gunbroker, then have someone come back after knowing the *surprise details* and say, "But... but, I SAID I'd take it", with some excuse about a death in the family or "I was out of town" or somesuch.

Honestly, I sure wouldn't commit to a deal like this, but I'd be there with a bag of popcorn watching like the rest o' ya!

J Bar, Crabby is a good friend of mine and I handle all of his FFL transfers and I will be handing this one as well. I spoke with him and he said that he sent you a pm. He wants it, navigating the SASS wire is not his fortay. Can I pm you his email so he can communicate with you easier?

Well... there's as good a chance as anything else. ;)

The odds of lottery numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 coming up are as good as 11, 19, 30, 31 44, and 50. :lol:

18 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

Well... there's as good a chance as anything else. ;)

The odds of lottery numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 coming up are as good as 11, 19, 30, 31 44, and 50. :lol:

That’s assuming a 3.5” Schofield in 44-40 is equally as common as a RNMV in 357 :D

I went to buy a 4 5/8" stainless .357 RNMV less than a year ago, and had quite a time finding one. Finally a store in a town a hundred miles away managed to get one ordered for me, but all they could find was the TALO "fast draw" model with the short hammer spur and "Dooley Gang" grips. No one for a couple hundred miles around had one in stock. :blink: Black plastic guns sell. Single actions don't.

I’m thinkin you need to do this more often.

Archived