SASS Wire Forum

Hit the Marlin Jam - Who to Fix the Carrier?

Church Key, SASS # 33713

Shot a Wild Bunch match at Thurmont, MD on Saturday. My 1894 . 44 Mag. Marlin started feeding two on the last stage; bummer. It's a 2003 JM with lots of mileage. I've ordered a new carrier from Midway. Anyhow, who do you recommend for a repair of the old carrier? The new one cost $75 shipped, so the repair needs to be cheap, or otherwise not worth fiddling with as a backup.

Church Key 

Howdy,

Easy peasy pard.

ktgunsmith.com

click rifles

click fixing the dreaded marlin jam and or marlin cowboy action.

Its pretty easy to find a smith to do the work if you don't want to doityerself.

Best

CR

I accepted an offer from Jackrabbit Joe via PM.

Thanks for all the advice and tips on who can correct this issue. I've had this .44 Mag. Marlin for about 15 years and this is the 2nd time its caused me grief. Just don't feel like buying a Uberti for 1/2 dozen or so WB matches a year, so will skip WB until it's fixed.  

RANT ON - I really think that one of the major reasons that WB is a very niche sport with minimal matches/attendance (around my nick of the woods) is that the WB "Powers That Be" will not allow .38 Spl. rifles, even though they can easily make the 150 min. power factor using 158gr. bullets. Requiring folks to spend >$1000 for a rifle they will only use occasionally is a big turnoff to lots of folks. - RANT OFF

Church Key

• 2 months later...

Archived