SASS Wire Forum

guns at a Bar B Q?

Trigger Mike

My wife tells me I'm taking BBQ and Cowboy too far.

Not sure what she means by that.

Cowboy Action 512.jpg

On 4/17/2018 at 9:16 AM, Kid Rich said:

First off you don't have to be a "drinker" to go to and enjoy BBQ. I have several BBQ guns. I also take note of the court gun, don't know if I own one or not. HOWEVER I do own a Church gun which no one else has mentioned. I've owned that one for many years.

None of those would be confused with CAS guns.

kR

Tell us about your Church Gun.  I’d always understood they would be a smaller caliber, pocket pistol type. 

Seamus

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Ate at Stubb's barbeque in Austin two weeks ago and saw no guns.

So far my only Texas bbq experience.

Red,

In as much as I was born in Austin (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away), I can assure you that there's a WORLD of difference between "Austin" and "Texas" these days.  And besides, BBQ guns have always been a "private affair" kind of thing...not so much in public!

Just in case, I'm turning my flame retardant mode to "ON"...;)

"Ad"

6 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Ate at Stubb's barbeque in Austin two weeks ago and saw no guns.

So far my only Texas bbq experience.

5 hours ago, Adolph Vancinghand, SASS #28923 said:

Red,

In as much as I was born in Austin (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away), I can assure you that there's a WORLD of difference between "Austin" and "Texas" these days.  And besides, BBQ guns have always been a "private affair" kind of thing...not so much in public!

Just in case, I'm turning my flame retardant mode to "ON"...;)

"Ad"

We don't refer to Austin as "Berkeley on the Brazos" for nothing.

My prom night gun is a double barrel coach gun with rabbit ears.  A TTN 12 gauge.  I like the one i heard recently where the father throws the shells at the boy picking up his daughter for a date and says, "they travel much faster at you if you bring her home late"

Didn't do guns on my nieces' proms. 

Didn't need to since both boys had already been out with the family on a family range trip.:D  Not only had they seen the adults shoot but they'd seen the girls shoot, too.  Their Momma shooting clothes pins at 25 yards with an M-1 Carbine seem to make the most impression for some reason.

Knife "sharpening" (it was already sharp) complete with the old 'shave the hair off the back of your hand' test combined with a lingering look in the eye did the trick.  A couple light passes over the bench stone right as they come in and then pull out the leather strop and work the blade while they perch on other end of the couch seems to work.

I’ve been to BBQ’s in TX, MT, CO, ID where folks wear guns. I’ve done it myself. 

BUT, as soon as alcohol gets introduced, firearms should get put away.

I have left parties, BBQ’s and even hunting camps where people started drinking then wanted to fondle firearms.

Archived