SASS Wire Forum

Somebody 'please' tell RED KNEE.....

Widder, SASS #59054

..... That I'm coming and the Enchantress is comin with me with a huge dose of 'Hades'  stuff in her saddle bags..... :D

Southwest Regional..... this weekend.   

..........Widder

P.S. - I forgot to mention that I will be bringing a 'special' 97 to Red Knee.

I tested it in a match recently and it works great.   We decided to nickname her........ 'Marmaduke'.

:D:D

..........Widder

Hey Widder!

I'm looking forward to meeting you after all these years.  I'm on posse 9.

If you see me around hollar at me.   I look just like my profile picture.  Though many have said about me 'I thought he'd be taller'

See you there!

3 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Hey Widder!

I'm looking forward to meeting you after all these years.  I'm on posse 9.

If you see me around hollar at me.   I look just like my profile picture.  Though many have said about me 'I thought he'd be taller'

See you there!

Grizzly,

The pleasure will be all mine.   I really look forward to meeting you.

I really don't look like anyone (or anything) in particular but if you see someone walking around with 'WIDDER" printed on the back of their pistol belt, its probably me..... :D

..........Widder

17 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

P.S. - I forgot to mention that I will be bringing a 'special' 97 to Red Knee.

I tested it in a match recently and it works great.   We decided to nickname her........ 'Marmaduke'.

:D:D

..........Widder

Does Marnaduke have your speshul gun lube applied? I figured it would, nothing’s too good for Red Knee. :lol:

Kajun

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

Ooooooooh! I just got off the phone with Widder. Come to find out he's nursing an ouchie on the thumb of his loading hand. Red Knee, I'd take advantage of it and give Widder and the Enchantress a comeuppance!

He told me he hasnt been practicing much.. ..then i get a call wanting sympathy cause he split his thumb open "practicing".......jeez!!!!

Im really concerned that Oklahoma may never be the same after Widder's visit! :)

It ain't like I was practicing.   It was more like checking out a SG to make sure it hadn't rusted and locked it all up.

Problem was.........I am the rusted one.  :lol::lol:

..........Widder

Howdy Red Knee,

Widder's been holed up in the warm confines of his homestead thru winter and is quite rusty. He's managed a few shoots this spring but not having exactly stellar performances. Why heck, I even bested him at last Saturday's match. This may be the year to take the speed shotgun event over the ole boy. But you never know about Widder. He had a visit with the sawbonz recently, so it's possible he's received a cyborg tune-up. Whatever the circumstances. y'all will have a good time.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

Hey Keystone,

This is the year Im gonna get him.....course i been sayin' that for years... 

He's injured now, so my odds got better.....and yes if i see blood, im goin' in for the kill.:)

Dont tell him, but if im second to him....thats a great place.

Ole Red Knee is planning to treat me like  'sacrificial fodder'......... :P

I just had a conversation with The Enchantress and she's feeling kinda 'perky' right now..... ifyaknow what I mean..... :o

The Enchantress and Company will see you Thursday, High Noon....... Be there!

..........Widder

Well,

Widder is on his way to Oklahoma, I could detect a change in the force when he left East Tennessee. Hope the weather is great for the Southwest Regional. Ya'll don't be too hard on the boy.

Hasta Luego, Keystone

On 4/16/2018 at 9:43 PM, Red Knee said:

Im really concerned that Oklahoma may never be the same after Widder's visit! :)

Yep, I would be too. When he gets there the crime rate is gonna go up, population will increase, and every baby inside every Mcdonalds he passes will spontaneously cry. Come to think about it, TN didn't have any skeeters before Widder was born. I dont know if thats a coincident or not, but I wouldn't take any chances.ohmy@2x.png.9b01eeca9e847a6c68af9e0061d4be91.png

I'm kidding....mostly. Yall have a grand ole time!

On 4/17/2018 at 7:25 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Widder just arrived in Oklahoma.....

The wind started howlin'....

Wildfires raging...

My phone started lightin' up.....people callin' thinkin' they spotted the old one.....jeez....and he's only been here for an hour or so.....

I was wondering about the outcome as well.  It was a lovely day down there yesterday, and more of the same is promised for today.   Pity it’s supposed to start raining later tonight and all through tomorrow. 

It was a battle like none other!  There was smoke, fire, lead, even a little blood was shed....well, Widder had a Band-Aid on his thumb, so I guess that's close enough for the girls they run with.:P  Knee deep(pun intended) in shotgun hulls the battle continued until.....well you know them two, they walked away from their little foray with heads held high.

As far as a winner....they're both winners in my book!  I'll let the two combatants reveal the victor.  They earned it.  When I last talked to them, they were sittin on the tailgate of a pickup, swappin' excuses, both smilin' from ear to ear.

Well, I'm back from the adventure.

RED KNEE put, what we call back home, an East Tennessee Dog Whoopin on me.

When it was ALL on the line, Red Knee delivered the total package in style.

He is THE Southwest Regional Speed 97 Champion.    The rest of us could only stand around and watch one of the best and fastest 97 shooters perform a class act on those poor knockdowns.   They didn't have a chance......... and neither did we.

Congratulations my friend.

I had a great time in Oklahoma.....thanks to you and everyone for their great hospitality.

..........Widder

32 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Rematch in Oct?

Imis

Howdy IMIS.

Oh Yea.   Red Knee is already planning his trip to Wartrace AND..... he is probably bringing about 8-10 Okie's with him this year.

And I suspect the 'entertainment' will be even better this year with a few other shooters coming.

..........Widder

Shooting FOX, it was nice to meet you also and a host of other fine folks.

IMIS:

Both hands were on the timer with SG flat on the table.   Shooter started themselves.

First run counted as the only official time of the day.

RED KNEE later ran a real beauty and got all 6 down in 5.48

My best for the day was a 5.17 but left one standing.   I obviously didn't pull the trigger hard enough..... :lol::lol:

I had a GREAT time at Land Run.  It is truly a fantastic Cowboy match and although it was a 16 hour drive for me,  I might try it again next year.

..........Widder

Widder

I went to Land Run in 09 or 10 with Blackwater. We had a ball. It was an excellent match. We'll do our best to return the favor in October.

Red Knee, bring them on.

Imis

I gotta give credit where its due........i just got lucky with no bobbles on my first run....

Widder hit an "amazing" run of 5.17 but left one up.  He had the fastest time of the day......heck of a good time shootin with him.

Can't wait to do it again at Tennessee State.:o

11 minutes ago, Red Knee said:

I gotta give credit where its due........i just got lucky with no bobbles on my first run....

Widder hit an "amazing" run of 5.17 but left one up.  He had the fastest time of the day......heck of a good time shootin with him.

Can't wait to do it again at Tennessee State.:o

There's a bunch of shooting to do before Tennessee but it turned into an annual favorite for me.

Sounds like you two had quite a time of it at Land Run.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Waimea

Archived