SASS Wire Forum

The Invisible Victims of Gun Control

Suggested Reading for this morning -- as we are approaching Patriot's Day

The essay is at such a level that I'm not going to bother with an excerpt.   remember though: the opposition is of two natures:

(1) would be princes who seek to establish absolute power by means of a monopoly on the use of arms;

(2) ordinary people clinging to the emotional arguments employed by group (1);

The arguments offered by group (1) are specious: (dishonest) as they do not address the actual issue.   Nothing offered against a specious argument will be of any affect; instead the deception must be exposed;    The emotional arguments are even more difficult to address.

Today, we're on a "slippery slope".   I hope we recover before we get to Warsaw

On 4/16/2018 at 4:09 AM, Grampaw Willie, SASS No.26996 said:

Suggested Reading for this morning -- as we are approaching Patriot's Day

The essay is at such a level that I'm not going to bother with an excerpt.   remember though: the opposition is of two natures:

(1) would be princes who seek to establish absolute power by means of a monopoly on the use of arms;

(2) ordinary people clinging to the emotional arguments employed by group (1);

The arguments offered by group (1) are specious: (dishonest) as they do not address the actual issue.   Nothing offered against a specious argument will be of any affect; instead the deception must be exposed;    The emotional arguments are even more difficult to address.

Today, we're on a "slippery slope".   I hope we recover before we get to Warsaw

The linked article didn't mention that Stephen Willeford had to load magazines before exiting his house to engage the killer.   His AR-15 obviously wasn't his home defense firearm.  However, he knew it was best for the situation at hand. 

The linked article didn't mention that Stephen Willeford had to load magazines before exiting his house to engage the killer.   His AR-15 obviously wasn't his home defense firearm.  However, he knew it was best for the situation at hand. 

I hadn't even thought about that.    I'm just thankful Stephen had the training and the courage to do what we needed done.

Archived