SASS Wire Forum

R lee Ermey rip

Rafe Conager SASS #56958

R. Lee Ermey passed away, 1st saw him in boys of co. C, but he is best known for gunnery Sgt. Hartman in full metal jacket. He did a few western, rough riders, the adventures of Briscoe county Jr. And had a lot of cowboy guns on his t.v.show Gunny time.

Rip Gunny

Rafe

Heaven, get ready.  A strong pard is heading your way.

"It's been a pretty fun ride, to tell you the truth."

God Bless and God Speed,

GJ

Your watch here has ended.  Take up your new post and stand ready.  For it is our duty guard the streets of Heaven.

Semper Fi my Brother!!

Hand Salute.  Rest in Peace Gunny

10 hours ago, Fingers McGee said:

Hand Salute.  Rest in Peace Gunny

Ditto.

I just read that 50 percent of his lines in "Full Metal Jacket",  he came up with himself.  I always watched his shows whenever I could.  He had not done a major Hollywood movie in six years after the Hollywood  types found  out what he stood for..

I met him three times at the SHOT Show.

Always generous with his time, if you took the time to stand in line he'd talk to you as long as you wanted to talk.  Never tried to rush through a meet & greet - and never left before everyone was talked to.

He wasn't at the 2017 SHOT Show (due to health reasons I heard) and I didn't make this year's.

I have three of his Glock challenge coins that I'll never part with.

Rest in peace Marine...

he was a really nice guy the one time i met him and got to talk a bit - granted there were not a lot of folks there , casual situation , but not that gruff person you expected at all , i enjoyed every performance he ever did  

Archived