SASS Wire Forum

What classes would you like to see taught?

evil dogooder

Sitting here enjoying the snow pile up outside got me thinking.  Scary I know.

Around here we pretty much shut down for winter.  By request from a few guys at work that will be trying sass this year.I have been teaching a few classes at our farm.   

We put up a small range last fall and the previous owners had turned a grainary into a guest house. So I use that as a class room.  

So far it's turned out better than I expected it to.  

Anyway I was thinking of turning this into a regular thing every winter if I have enough interest.   So if you had a choice what would you like to see taught?   I was thinking maybe  ro classes, maybe get a few local leather to do a class on proper care and fit of a rig.  

Or a demonstration on cleaning/ breaking down a revolver/ rifle/ shotgun.  Loading classes?  

Anyway What does the combined knowledge of the sass crowd think.  Good idea or waste of time. 

care and treatment of frostbite . . . wait y'all probably know all about that

something with a lot of movement vs. sit and listen

cleaning is good

RO classes is always a plus

so is reloading, let them do some if possible

do you do bullet casting?

powder coating said bullets?

dry fire practice and transitions from one type of gun to another

how to write stages or how to shot  them (gamer mindset--even I do it and  I'm 3/4 down the list on my best match days)

1.  Transitions,  movement advantages/disadvantages...

2.  the various loading techniques for the 87, 97 and SxS.

It could also be fun is you charge .25 cents for every safety violation they incur.    The money could be used to help buy some refreshments for your class.   Its always a good idea to have a small social time.

..........Widder

25 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

It could also be fun is you charge .25 cents for every safety violation they incur.    The money could be used to help buy some refreshments for your class.   Its always a good idea to have a small social time.

..........Widder

Plus one on this. It helped me the most...

Bullet casting,

Stage writing and design.

Transitions. Especially video critique/feedback

Techniques for efficient reloading on the clock. Rifle and pistol

Shotgun loading techniques.

RO classes

Spotting accurately.  And how it's different for a BP shooter than a smokeless pard.  With tons of practical tests done with videos of hard to see and hard to call situations.

Good luck, GJ

54 minutes ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Spotting accurately.  And how it's different for a BP shooter than a smokeless pard.  With tons of practical tests done with videos of hard to see and hard to call situations.

Good luck, GJ

+10 and add to that would be "How to be an efficient brass picker".  Sounds dumb I know but counting the number of cases you have picked up vs how many were fired seems to not occur to most people.

11 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

I don't charge for classes but that sounds like a good idea.   

Archived