SASS Wire Forum

Question: Source for 45-75 Brass?

Waxahachie Kid #17017 L

Question:

Other than Buffalo Arms, is there another source to obtain 45-75 brass?  As of now, Star-line doesn't produce that caliber, and I am searching for a source, other than having to form it out of another caliber.   The websites I have on my list are either no longer there, or, are out of stock.  I think the whole world is "out of stock"!!!!

Graf Brothers - out of stock!

Cheaper than Dirt - out of stock!

Buffalo Arms - out of stock!

Midway USA - don't got any. 

There are a few boxes of 20, that are from Australia, that I found, but those 20 empty brass "cat'ridges" cost over $80.00, each !!! Yikes! 

Buffalo Arms has a 20 round box already loaded, right now (which is okay), but I'd rather have the brass to "roll my own", instead of the already loaded "cat'ridges".

If push comes to shove, I will buy some already loaded ones from "Buff-ler" Arms. 

I guess that is what I get for NOT buying a '76 in 45-60.  At least it is fairly easy to make 45-60 out of 45-70 if need be.  Too soon old...too late smart.

Just thought someone might know of a website/company that actually has the brass in stock.  (Humm..."in stock"....what a concept!!!!)  

Parting Shot: I wonder....where do forest rangers go to: "get away from it all" ???

Thanks.

W.K.

I can't help you myself, but you're more likely to get a useful answer if you ask in the SASS Wire Forum:

https://www.sassnet.com/forums/index.php?/forum/12-sass-wire/

This section here is for questions about the forum and software, not the about the game itself.

Gunbroker.com

18 hours ago, John Boy said:

45-75 Winchester brass can be made using reformed 348 Winchester cases trimmed to 1.86"

348 Brass ... https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/76070

Isn't .348 made from .50 Sharps base stock?

On 4/14/2018 at 10:40 PM, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

......There are a few boxes of 20, that are from Australia, that I found, but those 20 empty brass "cat'ridges" cost over $80.00, each !!! Yikes! .....................

Lemme guess- Bertram?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

I just listed some

--Dawg

And you’ll get the brass before he gets the gold. Good pard to buy brass from.

The last time I found some was at a Cabela’s - Starline and it was on the shelf.  We always stop at Cabela’s and ALWAYS look at the brass...

Good luck!

Hugs!

Scarlett

Archived