SASS Wire Forum

"Back before everything became Automatic"

You guys, Father Kit Cool and Gunner, have great handwriting!!!

Miranda Lambert!:wub:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

1 hour ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 said:

5ace72d747bc4_RyeResponse.jpg.26c937c5d8fe80e72908dd81cf556e2a.jpg

I can barely read my own handwriting.  But in fairness to modern conveniences, it's been like that since second grade when I first learned cursive.  I don't even write cursive anymore, but somehow learning cursive made my print worse and it never recovered. 

Mines pretty bad nowadays as well! Just read today the major credit card companies are going to stop requiring a signature. Maybe due to schools dropping cursive, anybody would be able to forge an "X". Schools are doing great!!

Rye, if that was taken with your phone, this helped ME.

I'd take the picture, and when I'd post it, it would turn it sideways, like that.

So what I did was EDIT the picture first. Usually I  would CROP it. Remove so little I could hardly tell the difference, but the just the act of EDITING it changed it, somehow, and and it would always post straight.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Rye, if that was taken with your phone, this helped ME.

I'd take the picture, and when I'd post it, it would turn it sideways, like that.

So what I did was EDIT the picture first. Usually I  would CROP it. Remove so little I could hardly tell the difference, but the just the act of EDITING it changed it, somehow, and and it would always post straight.

Thanks Alpo...I go through the hassle of emailing to myself, saving it then opening it, then rotating it all the way around in edit mode and then posting it...all this because I take photos on and I phone, email to Yahoo and then save on a Chromebook. Yeah, I'm too cheap to buy an iPad and I hate Droids but love my Chromebook.

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I guess that means that they could never be doctors.^_^

37 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I'm so out of practice with cursive that I can't even remember how to make a capital Q

I can never write a letter to the Queen of England.

Capital "Q" was always problematic - I believe it was in about 7th Grade that teachers finally quit making red marks around the printed-style "Q" that I insisted on using in my cursive...it was one of the few parts of my handwriting that they could actually make out!

sn1.jpg

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

I can but my hand drags thru the ink....... The curse of leftie cursive.

You should teach yourself to write backwards with your left hand.  If anyone has to know what you wrote, they can hold it up to a mirror. 

I taught myself to do that in HS.  Then a friend of mine broke his right arm and had to write lefty for a while.  I got to thinking about how much trouble I'd be in if that happened to me and stopped practicing the backwards writing. 

6 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

I can but my hand drags thru the ink....... The curse of leftie cursive.

Dang, I remember that when we were allowed to use ink fountain pens in the 4th grade. No ballpoints for us! Tradition trumped practicality and sanity back then.

I'm a 'rightie' and had no problems, but several of my friends were lefties. The way they had to hook their hand to avoid smearing looked painful. Even then, the ink didn't always dry fast enough to avoid smearing with a shirt sleeve. The nuns were generally sympathetic tho.

On the other hand, whipping one of those at a classmate so the ink splattered on them was great entertainment. Hey, we used "washable" ink, not permanent for heaven's sake. Or so the reasoning went. The nuns weren't sympathetic about that. tho.

Archived