SASS Wire Forum

Once Upon a Time in the West

Just watched the last hour or so. I really like Henry Fonda as a cowboy, and kind of like the Italian westerns. Claudia Cardinale! Woo hoo!

As good a “Spaghetti Western” as ever was!!  Jason Robards really made that movie!!  Got it on DVD and we watch it a couple times a year!!!

I never seem to be able to take the time to sit down and watch it from beginning to end...but I have watched it many times. But I have that problem with anything over 1:45 anyway so don't watch a lot of movies.

When it comes to sprawling westerns with a cast that includes a character for everyone, you can't beat:

800px-Poster_-_How_the_West_Was_Won.thumb.jpg.f8a80c9b1bc1a602a1f837f050277246.jpg               

And how do you top a spectacular opening soundtrack like this:

I have a confession....                            I        Have never            seen                the movie.

Sorry

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

I have a confession....                            I        Have never            seen                the movie.

Sorry

Well, it's not to late!

Claudia Cardinale! And a whole bunch of others too. Claudia Cardinale!

Never cared for this movie. Not sure why. It’s been so long since I watched I have forgotten why I didn’t like it.

42 years...VA social worker...He said it was time for me to leave, I said yes it is...Just hanging around till they get my money straighten out...Took over a year and every day I saw the VA rep...Did not say anything, he new...The social worker said they could get into a rest home...Did not set well with me and I let him know it...I don't think I was to nice about it...He too never came around after that....Ever year at my annual I give them 5 minutes or less... I tell them, when I need you I will come to you...They know...

Texas Lizard

8 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

42 years...VA social worker...He said it was time for me to leave, I said yes it is...Just hanging around till they get my money straighten out...Took over a year and every day I saw the VA rep...Did not say anything, he new...The social worker said they could get into a rest home...Did not set well with me and I let him know it...I don't think I was to nice about it...He too never came around after that....Ever year at my annual I give them 5 minutes or less... I tell them, when I need you I will come to you...They know...

Texas Lizard

?????

maybe wrong thread?

On 4/8/2018 at 11:02 PM, Mad Dog Jack, SASS #77862 said:

Claudia Cardinale! Woo hoo!

Amen to that brother.

21 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Sorry

SHAME, SHAME ON YOU SLIM. 

Your mission, should you accept it, is to go watch it. 

7 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

SHAME, SHAME ON YOU SLIM. 

Your mission, should you accept it, is to go watch it. 

Yes SIR! As soon as the boat is done.... 71 this weekend here!

30 minutes ago, Shootin' Shu said:

I'll watch any movie with Claudia Cardinale

If I could get her to come over I would too.

On 4/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

The opening scene in Once A Time In The West  is great. 

"Two horses too many"  makes the whole scene. 

Yeah and that harmonica sound that plays during that scene just makes it even better

Archived