SASS Wire Forum

Possible source for the Right to keep and Bear Arms by Malcolm

Sedalia Dave

An excellent read for all you history buffs.  They also have her book "Guns and Violence: The English Experience".  Her work here is her examination of the legal history of the right to keep and bear arms, the transformation of English law concerning the use of deadly force.  She explains that bureaucrats in the Home Office justified such a proposal because Britons were carrying pistols: “even ladies are taking to it.  ” Only in the last few decades, as the British government has adopted the most stringent gun-control laws in the Western world, has the violence problem increased.   This although not as strong as her 1st book is also a good read.  :)

Charlie

Well Done, Dave!  :)

I'm really surprised there's not an "E" book version available from Amazon or B&N.  :mellow:

I reckon it might be considered a niche book, and we aren't a big enough niche.  :(

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!    For anyone who is interested in obtaining copies of these books.  I contacted Harvard University Press regarding the books "To Keep and Bear Arms $31.50 and Guns and Violence $28.00 -- Malcolm, Joyce Lee" Shipped UPS Ground Service for $4.50 plus $0.75 per book.  They told be that these books can be purchased from them and that if ordered, your order will be fulfilled by their distribution center, Triliteral, LLC.  Delivery time is approximately 10-15 days for Guns and Violence and up to 25 days for To Keep and Bear Arms.  Apparently, according to them these 2 books are gaining in demand hence the delivery times.  They can be ordered online at the Harvard University Press site or by calling (which does not change the shipping time).  As stated earlier I have my copies and they are good reads, even more so for any history buffs.

Charlie

6 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Received my copy today :)

Did you just order To Keep and Bear Arms or both?

Archived