SASS Wire Forum

Aw, Come ON!!!!

That sux! I just saw a 30 Day Out weather report here that has it raining every day...Grrrrr...

I would love to ride my bike on a sunny day soon.

Wirth that kind of heat and humidity, that steer ain't gonna last more'n a day longer without water.

Snowing at the Rockies home opener in Denver. I’d call it normal.

Half an inch of rain Thursday.
2 1/4 inches Friday.
So far close to 1/2 inch today.

Yesterdays Giants/Dodgers game rained out:  https://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/Giants-Dodgers-game-postponed-sixth-rainout-in-12812674.php

“I Left My Heart in San Francisco” was not played at AT&T Park on Friday night, although someone walking by might have heard the faint strains of Ella Fitzgerald singing “Cry Me (An Atmospheric) River.”

The Giants’ series opener against the Dodgers was postponed by rain, with the club calling it in the morning when it became clear the unusually wet April storm would not abate or shift course.

The Giants also delayed Saturday’s first pitch from 1:05 p.m. to 3:05 p.m. in case the storm lingers and to give the grounds crew more time to dry the field.

Friday’s game will be made up as part of a split-admission doubleheader on Saturday, April 28, when the Dodgers return to AT&T Park.

Tickets for Friday’s game will be honored for the newly scheduled 1:05 p.m. game on the 28th. The scheduled 6:05 p.m. game will begin at 7:05 p.m.

Only the 6th time at AT&T that there was a rain out.
https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Giants-game-cancelled-rain-rainout-how-many-times-12812663.php

A river of rain passing over the Bay Area forced the cancellation of Friday night's Giants game at AT&T Park. Just how rare is a rainout on China Basin? It hasn't happened in a dozen years.

While Major League Baseball works hard to avoid the headaches of rescheduling West Coast visits, often delaying games for hours to fit them in, it takes a big-weather event to cancel a game at AT&T. There have only been five since the facility opened (then under the name Pacific Bell Park).

The rare April atmospheric river hitting this week is loaded with tropical moisture, forcing the first cancellation since April 12th, 2006. That was 4,377 days ago. Back then the park had just been renamed AT&T Park from SBC Park, the arena's second moniker.

To further pound in the rarity, consider that there have been three no-hitters thrown by the Giants at the park since the last rain out. The team has won three World Series titles and Brian Wilson's major league career started and ended since the last rainout (He was called up days later). The team has gone home victorious from playoff elimination games more frequently than from a soggy San Francisco field over the last decade.

At the time of the last rainout, Barry Bonds was still months away from setting the all-time home run record.

No snow here on the North coast, sunny but it's 35 degrees!!! Brrrr..........

On 4/6/2018 at 12:54 PM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

April 6.  

It's the 17th day of Spring.

And it's............

SNOWING.  AGAIN.   ARGHHH!!!!........

LL

I prefer to think of it as the 97th of January. ;)

Sat on my porch on Thursday wearing shorts and a T-shirt

This morning, Sat, 14 degree wind chill and an inch of snow.

It snowed in Middle tennessee today, it is currently 36 degrees F and looking for a low of 26 tonight. Gonna be 50 tomorrow.

What J Bar said!!!!

Imis

Archived