SASS Wire Forum

Movie cautions!!!

Rancho Roy

There is a new caution added to movie trailers....added to “Violence, Language, Sexual Situations” we now have “Historical Smoking”..!!

I kid you not.....buttercups might be offended by actors smoking on screen and opt not to attend.......God Help Us!

There's probably also a "need" for these, too

Historical Cursing 

Period Stares and Glares and Evil Eyes

Ancient Lack of Manners

Animals or Humans Relieving Themselves

:lol:

35 minutes ago, Rancho Roy said:

I kid you not.....buttercups might be offended by actors smoking on screen and opt not to attend.......God Help Us!

To me that sounds like a solution, not a problem.

I don’t think it has anything to do with not offending these “buttercups” of yours. Have you ever seen a movie warning and walked out? Or the warnings in someway influenced your choice in movies? Maybe, but most likely not. Now have you ever decided to not let your children watch a movie based on the warnings? The warnings are for children, not adults. Some people don’t want their children exposed to violence. Some don’t want their children exposed to sex. Some don’t want their children exposed to cussing. That all makes sense. But all three of those kill less people than smoking does. So if some parents don’t want their children exposed to people smoking, how does it affect you? Perhaps they aren’t the ones that should be called buttercups. 

Archived