SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Colt SAA 2nd. Gen .38/.357

Looking to buy a Colt SAA 2nd. Gen .38/.357, 4 3/4” barrel blued. Looking for a nice example but its going to be a shooter. So not really looking for collector grade. I’m a motivated buyer with cash to spend so I’m playing games. Let me know what you have thank you.

Goatneck Clem is a collector of these, all the way from shooter grade to unfired. That is his and his sons, Captain Sam Evans, choice of main match handguns. Might give him a shout.

http://www.goatneckclemgunsmithing.com/

If a seven inch barrel is OK, I have one with only a hundred or so rounds shot from it.  I would let go for $1200.  Beautiful  Colt with the exception that the finish was damaged on the loading gate from long time storage in a presentation case. It isn't readily noticeable. I will be at Deercreek on the 22nd.

1 hour ago, Kid Russell said:

If a six inch barrel is OK, I have one with only a hundred or so rounds shot from it.  I would let go for $1200.  Beautiful  Colt with the exception that the finish was damaged on the loading gate from long time storage in a presentation case. It isn't readily noticeable. I will be at Deercreek on the 22nd.

Kid, very interested, I will be at Deercreek.

1 hour ago, Kid Russell said:

If a six inch barrel is OK, I have one with only a hundred or so rounds shot from it.  I would let go for $1200.  Beautiful  Colt with the exception that the finish was damaged on the loading gate from long time storage in a presentation case. It isn't readily noticeable. I will be at Deercreek on the 22nd.

6" barrel? I wasn't aware Colt made a 6", are you sure it's not 5 1/2"???

Seven inch. Wasn't thinking or reading well. I have three Colts in 38/357 with six inch barrels- King Cobra was next to the Army on my inventory list and I wasn't thinking when I typed . Thanks Rye, Rye knows his Colts.

Pictures added. The second shows where it was damaged by the presentation box. Never store a Colt in a presentation box. The Styrofoam behind the felt gasses off and damaged the finish. I have seen several that were a real mess because of leaving them in the fancy Colt box.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

41 minutes ago, Kid Russell said:

Seven inch. Wasn't thinking or reading well. I have three Colts in 38/357 with six inch barrels- King Cobra was next to the Army on my inventory list and I wasn't thinking when I typed . Thanks Rye, Rye knows his Colts.

Pictures added. The second shows where it was damaged by the presentation box. Never store a Colt in a presentation box. The Styrofoam behind the felt gasses off and damaged the finish. I have seen several that were a real mess because of leaving them in the fancy Colt box.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

Ha ha! That's a 7 1/2":P I don't see the damage looks pretty darn nice to me!!! 

Archived