SASS Wire Forum

Going for a prototype procedure this afternoon

So my primary care physician is concerned about my calcium levels and has placed an order for me to have this new type of procedure done to check more extensive levels.

My wife has scheduled the appointment for this afternoon, and says I will need a Cat-Scan.

My question is where do I find one?

5ac61748a959e_CatScan.jpg.a3c351c973459ab70aad4ac619468341.jpg

Personally I would suggest that 

A: you go clean for 30 days

B: Get a therapist to help you thru this

C: After 30 days, buy a home piss test kit to make sure your are clean (you really have too much time and are smoking way too much)

D: Repeat C: after another 30 days if necessary.

E. Repeat D: if necessary. 

F: Get more counseling before an intervention

G. Keep repeating B thru F until successful.

H. When Successful: Get a job

The Procedure is called a CT Calcium Scoring.

Coronary calcium is a marker for plaque (fatty deposits) in a blood vessel or atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). The presence and amount of calcium detected in a coronary artery by the CT Scan, indicates the presence and amount of atherosclerotic plaque. These calcium deposits appear years before the development of heart disease symptoms such as chest pain and shortness of breath.

A calcium score is computed for each of the coronary arteries based upon the volume and density of the calcium deposits.

Waiting for the results, then:

5ad25bee74478_YourLabsarein.JPG.72ed575e44f99fc4d23a890c3d801a10.JPG

:D    TOTAL CALCIUM SCORE = 0    :D

I would highly recommend this procedure which only takes about 15 minutes to do.

My insurance did not cover it, but for $100.00 (my cost) it was well worth it. ;)

Archived