SASS Wire Forum

London's murder rate surpasses New York for 1st time ever

Red Cent

ABC NEWS announced this, (guietly, in the crawl under their morning show picture) yesterday morning.  I noticed it at about 7:50 CST while I was sitting in my foot doctor’s office.

Kinda pokes holes in this gun confiscation crap that the disloyal opposition is squalling for!!

Sounds like someone has been busy this past century. :o

He was never one to be outdone.

5ac4d621c9dfe_JacktheRipperNewspaper.jpg.b4def3e0b197fc1a7b43804659879c7d.jpg

12 hours ago, Red Cent said:

Interesting

Here we have a "3 strikes" law that nobody enforces, there they have a "2 strikes" law that nobody enforces, and both sides of the pond seem surprised that violent criminals continue to act violently:huh:

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

2 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Sounds like someone has been busy this past century. :o

He was never one to be outdone.

5ac4d621c9dfe_JacktheRipperNewspaper.jpg.b4def3e0b197fc1a7b43804659879c7d.jpg

I used to have a co-worker I nicknamed Jack the Tripper because he was such a klutz... :wacko:

Seriously though, most of us with a brain know that criminals will always be criminals. Trying to control them simply by taking their tools away is laughable, because they'll find a way regardless.

I say would should ban all knives that can be used as an assault weapon.

Peoples lives are too precious to have them ended violently taken from them by such a violent and messy weapon.

Criminals and people under 21 should not be allowed to by knives!

I get amazed at how they all lack understanding  :rolleyes:  especially with the past that all of Europe shares...  As the saying goes, those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. (or something like that B))

2 hours ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

I say would should ban all knives that can be used as an assault weapon.

Peoples lives are too precious to have them ended violently taken from them by such a violent and messy weapon.

Criminals and people under 21 should not be allowed to by knives!

I know you're joking, but the UK seriously considered banning all pointed and large kitchen knives a few years ago. How restaurant chefs were even supposed to be able to do their jobs I have no clue.

What if...

What if every time a crime was committed the parents of the criminal would see their names pasted on the news.

What if every time someone under 21 committed a crime (I say 21 because that’s the new class of the blameless) that the parents be brought up on charges. 

What if we did this and 20 years from now the lowest crime rates in history are realized and society was more productive, safe and happy?

What if...

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I know you're joking, but the UK seriously considered banning all pointed and large kitchen knives a few years ago. How restaurant chefs were even supposed to be able to do their jobs I have no clue.

Sixgun:

Apparently the industry was thinking the same thing and came up with this solution. :o 

For real, dude. :blink:

Chainsaw.thumb.jpg.659b8ba9021e3dcd90da98f0529f86f3.jpg

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

In TEXAS (Yes! Texas, USA) you couldn't carry a Bowie knife........ I believe this restriction have been repealed as of Sep 2017.

I find that law ironic!

59 minutes ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

In TEXAS (Yes! Texas, USA) you couldn't carry a Bowie knife........ I believe this restriction have been repealed as of Sep 2017.

I find that law ironic!

more of a blade length thing vs. it being a Bowie knife--have one a total of 6" long and your fine--you'll be the laughing stock of the crowd but you'll be legal

Folks, folks, folks,

you're missing the bigger picture:  another country has overtaken the U.S. in a specific category.  We are seeing the decline of Americans wanting to be world leaders.

sad commentary on today's youth (as good a  group to blame it on as any)  :P

An interesting article but I saw nothing about the actual "murder rate".  It just gave some total numbers and made no mention of the "rate"  which is usually reported in terms of XXnumber per 100,000 population. 

1 hour ago, BLACKFOOT SASS #11947 said:

An interesting article but I saw nothing about the actual "murder rate".  It just gave some total numbers and made no mention of the "rate"  which is usually reported in terms of XXnumber per 100,000 population. 

I was also bothered that they were talking absolute number like 13 or 14 per but as ot happens both cities have populations of about 8.5 Million so it is pointless to  argue that point.  Now if comparing London to Washington, D.C., Miami, or Chicago, one must use numbers per 100,000.  I think they must also be concerned about what area they consider “London”, etc., because such reporting is often skewed by the definition of the jurisdiction.

Gun control WORKS !!!

IT

Makes

More
Victums

out

of Law abbiding

Citizens !!!

Giving up the right and means to defend oneself, is just plain Stupid ....

Jabez Cowboy

Archived