SASS Wire Forum

Texas Select - Forged in Fire

Brazos John

Years ago, Cowboy Szymanski would set up his period-correct blacksmith shop in a tent at Trailhead, showing how it was done way back then. Since then, he's been busy, including showing his skills on tv on Forged in Fire. This Saturday, April 7, he and some FIF friends will display their skills in Bellville, Texas.  Cowboy's Phenix Knives, in the historic 1891 Blacksmith Shop, is located at 305 East Main, just a couple of blocks off the square. Free demonstrations (10am - 4pm), and I'm sure they will have hand-crafted forged knives for sale.

While in Bellville, you can visit Market Day on the Square (9am - 4pm), shop the Farmer's Market (9am - Noon), and tour the 1896 Jail Museum (11 am - 3pm).

Bellville is a nice, quiet little Texas town, and the bluebonnets are in full bloom. I hope you can come visit.

20180407 Knife - Bellville.pdf

2 minutes ago, Marshal Stone, SASS #53366 said:

When I try to open the link it says not available for your account.

Marshal Stone

This is my first post with a scan, and I guess it didn't work the 2nd time, either.

Here is Cowboy's Facebook page. Copy it into the place where you put addresses.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Phenix-Knives-865497633530723/posts/?ref=page_internal

Are you still in Alaska? Be sure to register as the farthest-travelling visitor, if you come down!

Stay cool (that's a far North joke)(it's 83 degrees this afternoon in Houston)

Brazos John

Reminder for this weekend:

Weather might be a bit cool (mid-60's), but any rain should be gone in the early morning.

Knives and small town hospitality!

Spring in Texas!

Yee-Haw!

Archived