SASS Wire Forum

The Real School Shooting Numbers

T.J. Bones SASS# 75616

There are some big numbers being tossed around when the anti-gunners are talking about school shootings. This article is from TIME Magazine, not exactly a conservative leaning news source.  Time's numbers are considerably lower than the others being spread around. The criteria they used  seems to fit the definition of a school shooting. Not some drug dealers having a shootout at 3am in the school parking lot.

http://time.com/5168272/how-many-school-shootings/

That's a big difference from the 7,000 since Sandy Hook all over the news.

Have you noticed that in the past month or so outfits like Time, NY Times, Washington Post, even Huffington Post, have been running articles showing that mass murders, and especially mass murder at schools, are less common than they have been saying for the past few years?  And that they need to rethink the bans and restrictions?  

Seems like they are starting to realize that they have gone too far.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Have you noticed that in the past month or so outfits like Time, NY Times, Washington Post, even Huffington Post, have been running articles showing that mass murders, and especially mass murder at schools, are less common than they have been saying for the past few years?  And that they need to rethink the bans and restrictions?  

Seems like they are starting to realize that they have gone too far.

JOE!!  I'm thinking that these stalwart of the anti-gunowner/anti civil rights crowd are, in effect, taking a breather to let us lose our own momentum before rejoining the fray with doubled effort!!

Misdirection and sleight of hand!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

JOE!!  I'm thinking that these stalwart of the anti-gunowner/anti civil rights crowd are, in effect, taking a breather to let us lose our own momentum before rejoining the fray with doubled effort!!

Misdirection and sleight of hand!!

Could be.   But I'm reading the tone as "Oh carp!  This is getting out of hand!"

41 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Could be.   But I'm reading the tone as "Oh carp!  This is getting out of hand!"

I’m hoping you’re right, but I got this funny feeling and “the hair’s a standin’ up on the back of my neck like when the Commanches are fixin’ ta bust out and go to burnin’ all the ranch houses!!”

According to the Times there have been 138 children killed in school shootings since 2012. There are 56 million elementary and primary school students each year. That is 448,000,000 students in schools during that time period. Divide that into 138 and you get a .00000031% chance of being killed in a true school shooting

Archived