SASS Wire Forum

more on the Performance Center 327

Trigger Mike

A second local store has the 327 with 5 inch barrel and under barrel rail and over receiver rail.  such a cool looking pistol.  this one is also used like the one the other store had.  Oddly enough it showed up at the second store 2 weeks after the first store i saw it at sold theirs..  This one is 900 so I have a NIB Kimber Pro Carry II that I paid 900 for.  offered to trade it even for his but he only offered my 700 for my Kimber.  I don't see why I should take a loss on a NIB Kimber for a used S & W .  sad part is that 327 is really cool looking but i don't want to increase my collection.  Since I have seen 2 used in the lat month or two it makes me wonder if the recoil is stout on the 327.  I watched a video on youtube and he said he shoots 38 due to cost but I wonder if it is also to manage the recoil.  there has to be a reason for 2 used ones to show up in a small town.  we only have 3 gun dealers each one priced higher than the other.  there is a 4th minor gun store that will order me guns for a lot less.  how much do they go for from the wholesaler?

Hey Mike, 

I've had both. I'd have thrown my kimber away in order to keep the smith. That trrp is dead nuts accurate. Recoil is no more than any other similar weight 357 s&w. 

I sold my pro carry 2 for 750. I paid 900 used for the trrp because I couldn't order a new one. None of the distributors could get their hands on one within a month. The store I got mine actually had 2 because a pair of brothers(that owned the store) bought them and had them a couple years.

You won't have buyers remorse if you get it. Finding a holster on the other hand....

+1 to Tennessee Williams comment.

I have the 327 Night Guard and have decided when I get the money to buy a TRR8 or an M&P R8 (not too keen on the rail under the barrel) I plan to buy one. I have wanted a model 27 for years but I can never find one that is affordable and if I do it's got something wrong with it so I figure I will just go ahead and get a newer version and have 8 shots. I do not buy guns for collector purposes I buy them to use and enjoy them.

As for recoil, my 327 NG has a 2.5" barrel. It's "light" for advertising purposes but the recoil with full power magnum loads is not obnoxious but it does kick a bit. The fire ball is more of an issue than the recoil. :D Now, the grip that is on the gun  really does help with the recoil so I am not sure how it would feel with a  shorter grip. 

Pat, I have the 329 nightguard. It's the same way. Not too bad on the recoil but lets a big flame out!

Mike, I know you're in GA. If you want to make the short hop up to Tennessee this weekend, we have our shoot at wartrace saturday. You can shoot mine to your hearts content! 

I have the scandium frame 327 snubbie. The recoil from full power 357 loads is sharp but manageable.

Unfortunately, heavy cast loads for woods carry, like Buffalo Bore 180 g, jump crimp because the revolver is so light. I now use Lehigh Defense 140 gr. all copper Extreme Penetrators when I'm concerned with getting maximum penetration.

Archived