SASS Wire Forum

5th Saturday Shoot at Outlaw Camp

J-BAR #18287

The 5th Saturday match at Outlaw Camp near Heber Springs, Arkansas was just what I needed today.  Moving targets, two clay bird launchers, some movement, engagement orders that required some memory...and friends I had not seen for a long time.  I shot  percussion revolvers two-handed mostly since thumb arthritis is getting significant, and it was great to give those guns some exercise even though it was not duelist style.

Thanks to Ozark Outlaw and his crew for a wonderfully enjoyable Saturday shooting experience!

18 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

The 5th Saturday match at Outlaw Camp near Heber Springs, Arkansas was just what I needed today.  Moving targets, two clay bird launchers, some movement, engagement orders that required some memory...and friends I had not seen for a long time.  I shot  percussion revolvers two-handed mostly since thumb arthritis is getting significant, and it was great to give those guns some exercise even though it was not duelist style.

Thanks to Ozark Outlaw and his crew for a wonderfully enjoyable Saturday shooting experience!

Although I didn't shoot, the 5th Sat. shoot at the Orygun Cowboys was a quite the hoot.  A good turnout, Interesting, but not overly complicated stages, and a RO Class following the shoot, made it a whole day.  Between meeting a lot of new folks, along with a couple of new shooters (1st match), I met an engraver I think I'm going to entrust a pair of brand new revolvers to...  Other'n my alias engraved on the backstrap on my Colts... this'll be the first "stratchin' up" I've had done... 

J-Bar,  did anyone comment on just how fast you can shoot a C&B two-handed?  

1 hour ago, Griff said:

J-Bar,  did anyone comment on just how fast you can shoot a C&B two-handed?  

No, there were no such comments yesterday, not because the revolvers cannot be shot fast but because it would take a better shooter than me to make that demonstration!  :D

All that pretty and modest too!!

Archived