SASS Wire Forum

New rules regarding firearms sales

Dantankerous

Seems to be pretty cut-and-dried but I'm going to ask anyway. It looks like the new rules prohibit anybody who does not possess an FFL from selling a firearm on the classified section. I presume this also to mean a regular feller using an FFL to ship to another FFL in another state? 

If so, this new rule is really going to put a damper on what people can do on the classified section. Lots and lots of firearms are sold between Cowboys. 

Please advise.

That is not the way I read it. Looks like IF you are an FFL you can not post firearms for sale in the classifieds. Maybe this needs to be clarified. 

Not a lawyer, but I think Dantankerous is right. at least that's how it looks to me.

irish Tom

Not a lawyer either but if you read the next section down (The SASS forums shall not be etc., etc. etc.). It also says “Firearms sales of any kind IF the seller holds a current FFL”. I think the first occurance of this needs to be clarified as it states under “Classified Forum Guidelines:” - ”Firearms sales of any kind IF the seller holds a current FFL”. This implies as the originalOP states that only FFL holders can sell. Also, how will holders of FFL’s who want to sell “personal” guns be handled?

Hi Folks,

This is nothing new.

I just sent Misty a message about the mistake and told her the wording needed to be changed to the following. “No firearm sales of any kind IF the seller holds a current FFL (Why? Because determining the difference between a personal sale and a business sale is impossible).”

Regards,

Allie

19 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi Folks,

This is nothing new.

I just sent Misty a message about the mistake and told her the wording needed to be changed to the following. “No firearm sales of any kind IF the seller holds a current FFL (Why? Because determining the difference between a personal sale and a business sale is impossible).”

Regards,

Allie

I think I am more confused now than before. How about a simple yes or no to the following question:

Can a SASS member (non FFL) post a firearm for sale in the classifieds?

It seems to me the answer is YES. What appears to be prohibited is a business or individual holding a FFL from using the classifieds to sell firearms. 

14 minutes ago, Tony Crowe said:

I think I am more confused now than before. How about a simple yes or no to the following question:

It seems to me the answer is YES. What appears to be prohibited is a business or individual holding a FFL from using the classifieds to sell firearms. 

That's how I understand it. Just sucks if you happen to have an FFL and want to sell to a Pard. Probly always been that way and no one noticed or mentioned it.

34 minutes ago, Tony Crowe said:

Yes, a SASS member (non FFL) may post a firearm for sale in the classifieds.

Also,  you are correct about "What appears to be prohibited is a business or individual holding a FFL from using the classifieds to sell firearms. "

20 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi Folks,

This is nothing new.

Regards,

Allie

What does that mean for those of us who hold a C&R?   That is an FFL, but is not allowed to be used for business purposes.  It also allows for qualified firearms to go across state lines.

14 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

What does that mean for those of us who hold a C&R?   That is an FFL, but is not allowed to be used for business purposes.  It also allows for qualified firearms to go across state lines.

I plead ignorance. I've emailed Doc Faraday, our soon-to-be-former Classifieds guru.

Archived