SASS Wire Forum

FS USFA Set of 45's $$ Reduced Again

It's time to thin the herd.  This is a pair of early model USFA Premium Models.  4.75 Inch Barrels.  Solid Walnut 1 piece grips on the Black Powder Frame.  Some holster wear.   Still in excellent condition.  The Case Coloring is excellent.  Non-consecutive serial numbers.   I have the original boxes and documentation.  I am not interested in any trades at this time.   $2800 shipped (unsure of California shipping) for the pair from my FFL to yours.  Thanks for looking.   HNH

Now $2500 plus shipping.   

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

Wow!!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!!!

:D

And BP frames! Why am I broke right now?

:(

Maybe someone else can explain this better than I can.  

The revolver doesn't have the normal cross bolt that you press to release the cylinder pin.  These have a small screw that must be loosened on the frame to release the cylinder pin.  This can be seen if you look closely on the 4th picture.

I hope this helps.

HNH

Ah, I see it.  Thank you for the explanation!   I’m into top breaks like Schofields and Laramies, otherwise I’d look seriously at these. 

Good luck with your sale, sir. 

Yes, these are US Patent Firearms stamped.  As I understand it correctly, USFA did import Uberti parts and used their gunsmiths to fit and assemble the early models.  If my understanding is correct, USFA used Doug Turnbull for some or all of the finishing on the USPFA premium models.  I believe these are high quality firearms.  

I also read that the name was changed from USPFA to USFA after Colt sued for using the word Patent in the original name.  

As far as values, that depends on sales history and most importantly, the buyer and the seller. 

I have other sets of later model USFA models and don’t need 2 sets of 45 when I primarily shoot 38’s.  

HNH

On 4/1/2018 at 8:44 PM, Sgt. Saywut said:

I’m fuzzy here; what is the significance of a BP frame if I’m a centerfire-only shooter?

Never mind it was already answered! BTW we all shoot "center fire"!! :lol:

10 hours ago, Sgt. Saywut said:

Ugh, had a lapse of brain activity there.  “Smokeless” :P

Or maybe you were thinking these were cap and ball because of the "black powder frame"??? That's okay just ribbing you a little!:P

Archived