SASS Wire Forum

2nd Generation Colt Dragoon Conversion is Done!

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

After much contemplation, since the pistol in question is a "real Colt" (Yeah, I know...) I decided to go with and R&D Cylinder from Taylors instead of a "Full Konversion" from the folks at Kirst like I did for my Uberti made Walker.   They were not sure if their cylinder would actually fit or not, but I just got the call, and it does.   So they'll be shipping it back to me post haste.  I promise that as soon as I get it, I'll post a pic.   I am quite happy.  

Now all I have to do is get an 1860, and I'll be complete.  (For now...)  

Hmm....

ANYWAY...

At the soon to be occurring MA/CT/RI Tristate shoot (link here...  http://www.harvardghostriders.com/sawyerflats.html ) the theme this year is gunfighter ballads.   Assuming that one of the stages will be based on the old Marty Robbins song "Big Iron," I may be persuaded to shoot that stage with the Walker and Dragoon, just for the heck of it.   I might even load the cartridges with Black for that one stage, for the same reason.  

Oh, and if you are planning to come to that shoot, be sure to come to Cowboy Church on Sunday morning, I'll be conducting the service.  :)

Archived