SASS Wire Forum

Congratulations to Arizona Cowboy Shooters Association on another outstanding AZ expo.

Kirk James

Congratulations to Arizona Cowboy Shooters Association for their part in the Arizona Game and Fish Expo. Imagine the public shooting over 6000 rounds of ammunition in the 2 day event.  The shooters were first given a safety lesson, then were able to get a feel of Cowboy Action by shooting 5 rounds out of a single action revolver, 5 rounds out of a lever action rifle and 2 shotgun rounds all with the aide of experienced shooters.  They could shoot long range through several of the Sharps 1874 rifles available.  There was an opportunity to shoot Wild Bunch and even 22s.  They put a smile on the many participants.  There  demonstrations on the speed events, and head to head with some of the fastest shooters in SASS in many different styles of shooting.  ACSA put in a great deal of hard work to make this happen, but isn't this another example of the cowboy way!!!

Thank you Kirk, Cody and all of the other Volunteers that came out and made it a success.

From my initial calculations, not including the ACSA Board Members, over the 3 days of Set-up,  the Expo itself and the tear down,

the ACSA Membership and SASS members from as close as Cowtown to as far away as Canada put in nearly 500 Man/Woman Hours of time making it all happen.

Quite a team effort, Quite a Team.

Thank You All!!!

Augustus

Always a fun time for us members to show the public what a nice family sport Cowboy Action Shooting is. Thanks to Agustus for pulling all together this year and all of those other volunteers who came to help out. It was a hoot! Those that didn't come out to help put it on your calendar for next year, it's a great time.

TB

My wife, the Queen of Bling, was able to help this year, as we're now Arizona residents.

I'll get to help next year when I'm full time.

Thanks for letting her come out and play, I know she loved it because she's still talking about it.

Archived