SASS Wire Forum

Polish Capper

Barry Sloe

I just ordered a Polish Capper and was curious how long it took to make it across the pond?  

Thanks,

BS

16 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

I just ordered a Polish Capper and was curious how long it took to make it across the pond?  

Thanks,

BS

Seems like mine took about 10 days.  When it arrives the envelope will be covered in beautiful stamps.

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Seems like mine took about 10 days.  When it arrives the envelope will be covered in beautiful stamps.

Yep, same experience here as well.

It took exactly 10 days from the time it was ordered to receive mine and with a little file work and polishing it works very well capping Ruger Old Armies.

21 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I think they just came out with a Colt model, Slim.

Remington shooter needed a good option (besides grinding the cylinder like I did), but the last time I looked, the Polish capper was more than twice the price of a Ted Cash snail capper that works just fine on Colt replicas.

2 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

How do these really compare to the Cash snail cappers?  Are they really worth the extra wampum?

Never used the Snail Capper as my first C&B gun was a 58 Remington. However the Polish capper is machined brass while the snail capper is made from folded brass sheet. I really like mine and feel it is worth the money. 

I am looking forward to when I can buy one for for the 1851 Army that I recently acquired.

Another nice thing about the Polish Capper is that you can seat the caps with the capper, it’s that well built.

Just now, Yul Lose said:

Another nice thing about the Polish Capper is that you can seat the caps with the capper, it’s that well built.

That is how I use mine. I have a nice deer antler seating tool but found I don't need it.

I got mine in like 10 or 11 days as well. The thing looks so nice it's a shame I have to mess it up with use. I am seriously tempted to buy a second one just to put it on the mantle. 

Archived