SASS Wire Forum

The Mustang, and excitement in waiting for it

Hehehe.  Colorado's Bureau of Land Management has a program where they round up wild mustangs and burros and allow people to adopt them for a very reasonable price.  I've known a few people who had the heart and time to gentle / tame and train them, and they've all been extremely happy with the results.  So I opened this thread thinking you were going to have one of these :)

I used to have a '67 Mustang. Just like its namesake I could never tame it... I sank thousands of dollars into it trying to restore it and make it reliable enough to trust driving it more than 50 miles, but I never succeeded. As fast as I fixed one component another broke, and in our soggy NW weather it rusted faster than I could clean it off and re-paint it. Finally sold it off on the cheap... and just a few years later values skyrocketed! :angry:

I had a "64 1/2" back in the college days. Right primitive it was, with a six cylinder engine and 3-speed floor shift transmission without first gear synchro.

Pretty unimpressive.

Wish I still had it.  :)

All of that ballyhoo about a glorified Falcon with a too small back seat and pitiful handling!<_<

My Dad used to buy and restore 60s mustangs. Two of my siblings got them for graduation presents. I was a Chevy guy, I got a 69 Camero. Anyway, Hardpan, I’ll bet you wish you had that mustang now. 641/2. Wow, worth big bucks 

I sold mine for $4500 15 years ago. It was loaded with every single option under the sun... deluxe hood, center console, tilt steering wheel, 4bbl V8. That same car in the same condition I sold it in would be at least a $25,000 car now. You can literally buy a brand-new 2018 Mustang cheaper than what a fully-restored 1960's original would cost you.

I had 3 Mustangs. A 65 (the "better half" totaled it) and a 66, both coupes and a 70 Boss 302 I had to sell that to help buy my 1st house. Toss in a 66 289 AC Cobra. I never had good luck with Chevy's. I had 2 of 5 Chevy's that held up longer than 2 years. One  was a 63 Bel Aire with a 327 and the other a 66 1/2 ton with a 250 ci 6 and a 3 on the tree with OD.

Archived