SASS Wire Forum

been looking for a mini gun for SASS - style points

watab kid

i bought a small - early S&W 22 short pocket pistol , last pattent dec 18 1860 , the earlier ones are 50 and 55 if my magnifying glass and eyes are telling it true , its a tiny little birdshead revolver that holds 7 rounds of 22 short , 

its a tiny revolver revolver with a 3 inch barrel that breaks up from the bottom , remove the cylinder to load/unload , and has sights - they seem obtuse when you think of what this is but it resembles a full size handgun in appearance - just so small as to fit a vest pocket easily , 

i think im seeing a serial number of 52048 but my old eyes and the magnifiers i have could be missing something here , it is tight , locks well and indexes fine from what i see , i dont think it was shot with black too much or often - or it was kept clean , 

can i shoot 22 shorts ? i doubt that as its smokeless / designed for black , how about CBs ? just would like to shoot it once - after that is cowboy bling and a prized possession 

When you said "mini gun" I thought you were talking about one of these. Probably not legal to use in CAS. <_<

minigun_m134.jpg

Anyway, to answer your question .22 shorts are so low-pressure I don't see how they'd hurt it at all, but it's probably a good idea to check with a gunsmith familiar with vintage guns before you put live ammo of any kind in it.

I have an old Marlin 22 That is in good, tight shape. I have fired it before with Aguila Colibri's. These are loaded with a 20gr bullet and just the primer compound, no powder.

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/rimfire-ammo/colibri-ammo-22-long-rifle-20gr-lead-colibri-prod82597.aspx

2 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Looking at this, I don't think I would have posted this for all the world to see if I was the builder. as it looks an awful lot like a Short Barreled Rifle that would require a $200.00 Tax stamp and permission to build from BATF-E prior to making it. Hopefully all laws were followed.

Archived