SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Old Army fixed sight

Blued used to fetch around $1,600.00 and Stainless around $ 2,000.00   But for what ever reason prices seem to have come down from that or take longer to sell.  I believe this is in part because there are cheaper Italian repros out there and  more gunsmiths making the Colt and Remington clones more reliable.   I think with the high price of ROAs people found a cheaper solution.

Best regards,

Chili

Hi Johnny:

I agree with Chili -- prices are down compared to what the were a few years ago, and selling times are up.

Stock -- maybe 1200-1400 for blued, 1600-1800 for stainless.

With action work, SBH hammers, sure-hit type sights from a good gunsmith like you, broomstick Jay, & a few others, 200-300 more per pair.

If they are truly "new", a bit more, but you're looking for a select few who want ROAs and are willing to fork over the high price of getting them.

Those folks are out there, but harder to find nowadays

--Dawg

I agree with Chili and Dawg.  I for one would like to acquire a pair of ROA but now a household expense has come up.  You know the saying, "happy wife, happy life".:)

I'll say it Johnny......

I'll force myself to take them off your hands and shoot the dickens out of them for no charge.

I hope this helps you out old buddy. 

Really though, I agree with Chili and Dawg.

48 minutes ago, I. M. Crossdraw, SASS# 8321 said:

I agree with Chili and Dawg.  I for one would like to acquire a pair of ROA but now a household expense has come up.  You know the saying, "happy wife, happy life".:)

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/b5497f2e-8566-4033-b43c-3f9b9293cfc8

When Ruger quit making the Old Army, the primary consumers went ballistic, in much the same way USFAistas went bonkers when USFA went Tango Uniform.  Prices went through the roof.  Nice pair of fix'd sight ROA went north of 2 grand some to 2600.  Then sanity broke through the panic and folks realized the artificial inflation was kind of silly.  However, those poor souls who bought at the very top of the madness will never recover their investment.  I personally wouldn't recommend over 1400 for an "as new in box" pair.  Basically a PLUS ONE to Prairie Dawg.

A well set up pair of Colt Pattern guns are just a reliable as ROA.  I personally shoot Pietta guns Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter.  My guns are mega reliable indeed.  I no longer have a burning desire for ROA.  I don't think.:ph34r:

Archived