SASS Wire Forum

WTC derringer

Smokestack SASS#87384

3 hours ago, Smokestack said:

I know that it is not legal for main match, but neither are derringers. Is it legal to fan a derringer for a side match? 

NO.

Unsafe gun handling (fanning, etc.)------------------------------------SDQ

SHB "Pocket RO Card" p.41

4 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

PF doesn't apply to 'side-matches'.

Same for bullet velocity/speed.

OLG

Specifically listed exemptions:

Pocket pistols, derringers, and long-range rifles are exempt from the power factor and velocity requirements.  

SHB p.25

I once had a shooter that had his 32 cal pocket pistol bullet stick in the cardboard.

That is a LIGHT load.

2 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Pocket pistols, derringers, and long-range rifles are exempt from the power factor and velocity requirements.  

1 hour ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

I once had a shooter that had his 32 cal pocket pistol bullet stick in the cardboard.

That is a LIGHT load.

At an indoor match, years ago, I pulled a 45 slug out of a cardboard target, picked up a couple others from the floor.  They didn't all make it through the target.  It was heavy cardboard, double wall.  Gave the slugs back to the shooter at the unloading table for reuse.

Contrary to popular belief, a magnum primer will not push a bullet any further down the barrel of a gun than a regular primer. Perhaps, it should be called LPF (lack of power factor), two knock downs would be fun with derringer.:)

Why waste brass or bullets...drop by McDonalds grab some straws...wad up the the wrappers...load your own...instant WPF (wimp power factor) :P

Archived