SASS Wire Forum

Incoming...Part 3

We are about to receive the 3rd Nor'easter in 10 days.....

Forecast is 1.5 feet - 2 feet of heavy wet snow, along with 65 mph winds.

I still have trees down from the last storm.

Time to check the flights to the Caribbean...oh, wait...not a good idea, either.

LL

One pic added; we have about 20" on the ground, and it's still snowing.  Wet, heavy snow.  I'll take more pics tomorrow.

Haven't lost power yet; fingers crossed.

LL

IMG_1584.jpg

Wow, Ifeel bad for you and everyone there. That’s one of the reasons I left and moved to Texas.

Then again, call me during the upcoming storm season here in N. Texas and see how I’m making out... :unsure:

Best of luck to you and all our pards and pardettes in the path of the storms.  Prayers up for a safe and uneventful conclusion.

That's why we love New England, nothing beats trying to plow a foot of snow off the 6" of mud without removing the mud!

Tryin' to think of some real good free advice and the mind just went blank!

Likely the generators and dried food is all bought up and with that kind of weather little way to freight 'em in!

Keep your feet dry and let us know as best you can how's progress!

Thanks for the well-wishes.

Snowing steady now - wet and heavy.  Our house is surrounded by 120' tall pines, all of which are now top heavy with snow, and waving in the wind like choreographed dancers; waiting for those agonizing "Crack!" noises to start, followed by "Thud!" as the broken tops hit the ground.  At least I hope they hit the ground, and not the house.

As long as we have power, we're fine.  Without it, no lights, no cooking, no heat (except for the fireplace), no water, no Internet, and no Saloon.

Forecast is for 14"-20", winds up to 65 mph.  

Pictures later in the day.

LL

Snowfall rates will reach 1 to 3 inches per hour late this 
morning and this afternoon over interior sections of Maine and New 
Hampshire... 

Bands of very heavy snow situated along and near the Maine and New 
Hampshire coastline will continue to rotate to the northwest 
towards interior sections late this morning. This will lead to 
high snowfall rates, reducing the visibility down to a quarter 
mile at times.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:27 AM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

We are about to receive the 3rd Nor'easter in 10 days.....

Forecast is 1.5 feet - 2 feet of heavy wet snow, along with 65 mph winds.

I still have trees down from the last storm.

Time to check the flights to the Caribbean...oh, wait...not a good idea, either.

LL

One pic added; we have about 20" on the ground, and it's still snowing.  Wet, heavy snow.  I'll take more pics tomorrow.

Haven't lost power yet; fingers crossed.

LL

IMG_1584.jpg

BTTT

LL

Southern Kalifornia may have its problems but that white stuff ain’t one of them. Hope you folks get through this okay. I’ve  got a couple of extra bedrooms and a RV if you have to evacuate. I’ve never entertained a lawyer before but I’ll try.

If worse comes to worse and you lose power for an extended period of time, watch that your water pipes don’t freeze and burst. I used to turn my water off at the meter and drain all of my faucets-never had a problem.

Batten down the hatches, hunker down by that fireplace and pray for the best. I’ll send my prayers up for you.

Being a bit farther west and south of both Loophole & Marshal it looks like I lucked out again.  I got about 4" of  snow and the 29.5" Marshal got is probably more then I've seen all winter.

Archived