SASS Wire Forum

Steel targets....where can you buy

diablo slim

If you have a steel fabrication shop near you see if they will cut a sheet if you order it through them.   The best deal is on 8'x12' ar400 the last time I bought one.   Get some buddy's together or see if the local club will go in on it with you

Check your local suppliers, fab shops first.....they may have some drops from other jobs they can cut for you. IMHO for new stuff Arntzen Targets have the best target and stand set up there is. We have steel from all three of the top suppliers, last time we ordered from Arntzen we cut, burned, wielded and retro fitted all of our other targets to this free hanging style. Set up is a snap, steel rings loud......the stand folds into itself, easy to handle............and in last couple years I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw any splash back. Good Luck:)

http://arntzentargets.com/products.htm

We have a steel supplier near us named Alro Steel.  They have round drops all the time in a variety of diameters.  I buy the 12 inch plates either 3/8 or 1/2 inch thick.  I mount them five across on a rack, using bolts to mount them to the rack.  I don't draw the bolts tight, leaving a little play in the plate.  In three years, I have not had to replace a plate.  I only use cast bullets on the plates.

K & B steel fabricating in Clarksville has done numerous targets for us at Bar-3.  He also cuts targets for Handlebar Doc and has many shape forms already in his computer.  But will do just about any size (think eight legged chicken).  If you need contact info let me know.

Howdy!

I agree with what Jefro said 100% about Arntzen Targets.

Handiest portable target in the world! :P

Mo

Archived